Help! Popping noise coming from Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help! Popping noise coming from Speakers

okkin
01-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Ok New Pai of Def Tech 7002Tl powered Towers running with a Pioneer 47TX Receiver. Awesome set-up sounds great, but when the speakers get turned on sometimes my left one emits this loud, real loud pop or screach. Is that damaging the speaker. they are practically new but is annoying???

risabet
01-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Ok New Pai of Def Tech 7002Tl powered Towers running with a Pioneer 47TX Receiver. Awesome set-up sounds great, but when the speakers get turned on sometimes my left one emits this loud, real loud pop or screach. Is that damaging the speaker. they are practically new but is annoying???

Your receiver may be sending a DC pulse at turn on. Speakers don't like DC. Get your unit checked.

okkin
01-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Your receiver may be sending a DC pulse at turn on. Speakers don't like DC. Get your unit checked.

I take it DC stand for Direct current? The receiver is still under warranty so I guess I take it back to the store I purchased it at??? 2 year Pioneer Elite warranty. It only does it once in a blue moon

risabet
01-07-2005, 12:23 AM
I take it DC stand for Direct current? The receiver is still under warranty so I guess I take it back to the store I purchased it at??? 2 year Pioneer Elite warranty. It only does it once in a blue moon

If it only does it sometimes it may just be the normal behavior of the switch in your unit. The problem is that if it isn't normal then your speakers are at risk. This is a toughie.

okkin
01-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Could it be that my power amp in the speaker is arching and emitting the wave through the speaker? I think it might be in the speaker becasue I don't think the receiver can seperate signals from the switch. Both on or both off I would think?

Norm Strong
01-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Is this speaker entirely powered by its own internal amplifier? i.e. it requires only a low level signal for operation? Or is the internal power only for the woofer or subwoofer?