What speakers would best suit my needs? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What speakers would best suit my needs?

derekwwww
12-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Hello all, I just bought my first peices to my home theatre setup... those peices being a yamaha rx-v1500 receiver and a pair of psb image 4t towers. I just bought these speakers for now since they were a real good price. My stereo will be used about 75% music and 25 % movies so I want something that is loud and sounds good for music (i listen to everything from classic rock to trance to rap). But then I also want some decent surround sound for movies. So my main concern is what to get for my main speakers? I read somewhere that cerwin vega's might be what im looking for? and then get something for center channel and surround? I was planning on buying a plate amp and building an enclosure for a 12" sub. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

matt39
12-31-2004, 10:38 AM
They make very good speakers and you already have the 4t's which could be your main or rear speakers. Several places are clearing out the old Image series (Saturday Audio and Upscale Audio are two) so some good sales are available and you should be able to get a matching center speaker. PSB also makes a pretty good affordable sub. It's a little easier to speaker match in home theater if you stay with the same manufacturer. You can mix and match but it requires very careful auditioning. Good luck and enjoy those 4t's, they're excellent speakers.