Component Video Switches [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Component Video Switches

Soupboy
12-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Any recommendations on component video switches? I ran out of inputs to my plasma a while back and I'm sick of pulling plugs to switch toys.

One other post referenced switches (manual) geared towards gamers but I'm open to all options. Seems like you can spend $50-2XX on these babies.

I'd like a remote vs. manual switch but I'm willing to endure the exercise...

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Soupboy
12-31-2004, 05:44 AM
...the top.

Sean

spuppy517
12-31-2004, 09:18 PM
I have a JVC component switcher. It's manual and it was 100 bucks. But it works great and was worth it. Pulling the tv out to swith cables was getting old.......

woodman
01-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Any recommendations on component video switches? I ran out of inputs to my plasma a while back and I'm sick of pulling plugs to switch toys.

One other post referenced switches (manual) geared towards gamers but I'm open to all options. Seems like you can spend $50-2XX on these babies.

I'd like a remote vs. manual switch but I'm willing to endure the exercise...

Thanks in advance,

Sean

I sent you an e-mail regarding your question, to which you never responded. Did you not even receive it? Or what?

Mysterio
01-05-2005, 10:44 AM
I just acquired a front projector from work, and set it up at home (BTW, it's sweet and free!).

I needed a switchbox for the component cable, as my Onkyo only had one component video out and I wanted to be able to watch movies on my TV whenever I wasn't using the projector, without having to pull the whole thing out.

I found a composite A/V switchbox at Ratshack, and the sales guy assured me that it would work with component cables.

I brought it home, connected to the projector and TV, and it works just fine.

I don't know if there is any signal strength loss, but it's good enough for me.

$25.

Hope this helps,
Mysterio