Rare Tubes titles found [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rare Tubes titles found

Dave_G
12-30-2004, 02:41 PM
I took Trev to Tower yesterday and they had:

1) Tubes - What do you want from Live (15 bucks)

2) NOW! (22 BUCKS HOLY CRAP!)

3) The Tubes and Young and Rich (2 lp's on 1 cd)(22 bucks again)

1) is a German import, I passed, as it's kind of a crappy live album.

2) and 3) are on some label I have never seen before, I already have The Tubes and Young and Rich, NOW! is weird, I have it on lp, not sure if I want to drop 22 beans on it, it's a way "Spanish" sounding album.

Anyway it's cool to see Tubes titles out there again on see-dee.

Dave

Lifes-A-Blast
01-12-2005, 06:31 AM
Don't Touch Me There !!!!

Finch Platte
01-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Don't let Trevor listen to that stuff. The Tubes really stink.

fp

I can send the video back now.

BarryL
01-12-2005, 07:27 AM
Saw the Tubes in a midnight conert here in Toronto just as their first album came out. White Punks on Dope was so over the top. I'm surprised Fee didn't break his neck on those 15" platform heels!

I have The Tubes on CD, but not Young & Rich. I'm not sure I'd pay the $22 for just one, although for the two, if you don't have them, it's not such a bad deal.

I always liked Space Baby. It's right up there with other space songs like Bowie's A Space Oddity, and Harry Chapin's Star Tripper, and Elton's Rocket Man.

Troy
01-12-2005, 07:48 AM
The first Tubes album is one of THE great 70s records. Period. Not a duff track on it. 5 stars.

They never came close to matching it unfortunately, but i need to hear the one with the baby watching TV on the cover that was produced by Todd Rundgren again . . .

jasn
01-12-2005, 08:32 AM
Another vote from me for their first album as truly excellent. It's the only one I've upgraded to CD. I too saw them right after the first release, in Tucson, and remember long waits in between songs to change sets and costumes.

I really love "Slipped My Disco" from Young and Rich, but at the time the rest didn't grab me. By the time Remote Control came out I was all into Punk and New Wave, and saw them as too mainstream for my superior tastes (sniff!).