Help w Yamaha RXV-2400 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help w Yamaha RXV-2400

bluey2king
12-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
I can't get my OSD to work (on screen Display).
I have read and re-read the manual. One area of concern is the on screen button will scroll past a area of setting but quickly go back to 7 ch stereo, or what ever the sound preferance I have set.
Do I need to have "S" cable from the reciever to the TV?
I just have the three wire red white and yellow. I cant find where it says I need a different cable.
Any Ideas
Thanks again
Bluey2King

logman
12-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Is your TV set to the proper input?

Woochifer
12-30-2004, 02:54 PM
Check the connections and make sure that your TV is playing the receiver video output. On older Yamaha receivers, the component video cables did not send the OSD to the screen, but that should not be the case with yours. From what you're writing, it doesn't sound like you've got all of your video sources patched through the receiver. The only time you see the OSD is if the receiver's connected to the TV.

One thing that you should check is whether or not the OSD is even activated in the first place. The Select button in the middle of your remote's directional keys is what changes the OSD mode. Pushing it will turn the OSD off and on, and whether it stays on screen.

I have no idea what you're talking about with scrolling and 7 channel stereo.

As far as which cable to use, the cable you're describing is the old composite video cable. Use it only if your TV cannot handle either S-vid or component video. Going to a S-video cable should give you a noticeable improvement in picture quality. Component video is less noticeable, especially if you're not using a big screen.