My 1st comp - What am I doing wrong [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My 1st comp - What am I doing wrong

JRH
12-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Using AudioGrabber to rip
Using Easy CD creator to burn

My comp will play in my car, computer, BUT not on my home player. Full cd's ripped then burned in their entirety play just fine everywhere. What am I doing wrong? I'm not even sure what questions to ask.

Your patience and help would be appreciated.

3-LockBox
12-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Are you finalizing your disc? Perhaps there is something wrong with the way Easy CD Creator writes the Table Of Contents for your comp. I always do 'disc at once' burning. Some players will read 'open session' CD-Rs, some won't. Try the 'disc at once' setting and make sure your disc is finalized.

Hope this helps

hang in there,

3LB

Dusty Chalk
12-30-2004, 12:48 AM
Some older CD players and DVD players just won't play CD-R's, even if they're burned correctly. Look at 3lb's suggestions first, but also allow for the possibility that you just need a newer player.

JRH
12-30-2004, 03:52 AM
When I rip, the tracks show as 1, 1-1, 2, etc. Maybe, Disc At Once is the answer, since I didn't try that and feed back to you folks. As far as my home player is concerned, it will play every comp it put in it....except for the one I created. It must be something I, or the software is doing wrong.

Thanks, Jeff

JRH
12-30-2004, 04:17 AM
I re-ripped and recorded the CD, doing virtually nothing different. Maybe some sort of corruption in the my first attempt. Thank you folks for your input. Jeff

Dave_G
12-30-2004, 02:43 PM
So what kind of music do you like, Mon?

Dave