What Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What Speakers

Rikster71
12-29-2004, 01:28 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,

I have been out of the quality side of Audio for quite some time (Wife doesn't understand the importance of good gear), so as I slowly move out of the run of the mill Kmart Home theatre set-up and into something at least half decent, I was hoping some of you out there might be able to offer some advice on Speaker set-up.

I am about to pick the new Onkyo TX-SR602 today and have realised my crappy bottom feeding speakers will blow not long after I would plug them in, so in an effort to avoid being speakerless I have decided on a set of JBL Simply Cinema SCS 260.6 speakers as they fall within my budget and produce quite a nice sound.

but my question is will they work together, it was that long ago that I had a Harmon Kardon set-up running wharfdales' that I can't remeber what to look for.

some things of not are:

I am in Australia, so these figures are for the Aus setup as per the manual

Onkyo TX-SR602
150 watts per channel
Freq resp 10Hz to 100kHz
Speaker Impedence 4

JBL SCS 260.6
(Satellite Speakers)
Power Handling Peak/Continuous 200/50 watts
Frequency Response 100Hz - 20kHz
Nominal Impedence 8 Ohms

(Subwoofer)
Amplifier Power 100 watts
Frequency Response 35Hz - 160Hz

If there is anything else I need to give you to help me out in knowing how well these speakers should work just post what it is ans I will find the info, thanks for your help/advice.

Rick

shokhead
12-30-2004, 07:20 AM
I always belived that the smaller the speakers,the bigger/better the sub. I would go better on the sub unless its music only.