Best Earbuds for iPod? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best Earbuds for iPod?

kbethune
12-28-2004, 10:33 PM
Hi all,

I would appreciate some recommendations for the best earbuds for the iPod.

The stock ones sound terrible in my opinion. I have been checking into the bang & olufson earbuds that are sold in the Apple store. But, I'm wondering if its more design & asthetic hype than sound quality.

Thanks alot. Happy holidays!

K

ericl
12-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Look at Shure and Etymotic. I haven't heard them but I think they are considered to be the best earbuds:

(scroll past the dang "featured resources" section)

Shure earbud reviews (http://audioreview.com/ASRcrx.aspx?CategoryID=2750&ManufacturerID=1089&PriceMin=&PriceMax=&MinNumReviews=&MinRating=&Index=0&SortField1=&SortField1Order=&SortField2=&SortField2Order=)

Etymotic earphone reviews (http://audioreview.com/ASRcrx.aspx?CategoryID=2750&ManufacturerID=1044&PriceMin=&PriceMax=&MinNumReviews=&MinRating=&Index=0&SortField1=&SortField1Order=&SortField2=&SortField2Order=)

-Eric

vr6ofpain
12-29-2004, 04:18 PM
Koss has some really cheap ones that sound decent, ~$10 for the set. Apparently people like to mod them with Shure foam and some people even fill the transmission tube with polyfill!!

Jack
12-30-2004, 08:28 AM
Hi....I have both the Shure E2c's and E3c's (got the E3's greatly discounted with my Dell laptop purchase). I would highly recommend both, giving the E3's an edge due to comfort. They both block out the outside world so you can listen to music or dvd without distractions (this may be good or bad depending on where you use them). However, these are ear canal buds, so they will take getting used to. Evidently, some people never get used to them. I use them with my Dell DJ and laptop (for dvd's) and love them. They are pricey, and to me worth the $, but that is MY opinion. My humble advice is to get as much info as possible on different brands/types and go from there. Don't rush into anything just because it's SUPPOSED to be the best. Different strokes for different folks. Good luck with your search....Jack

Garrardman
01-10-2005, 05:37 AM
I have been checking into the bang & olufson earbuds that are sold in the Apple store. But, I'm wondering if its more design & asthetic hype than sound quality.

It isn't - i have a pair that i use daily on my 1 hour train journey to/from work and they're superb. They're especially useful if, like me, you just can't persuade a pair of conventional in-ears to stay in your ears! They're very comfortable and have excellent quality.

Adam.

kbethune
01-13-2005, 05:49 PM
I bit the bullet and purchased the B&O earphones.

I also have a tough time getting ear-buds to stay in my ear canal, so I like the fact that the B&O mechanism positions the bud where its supposed to be.

They sound great and are very comfortable.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. :cool: