The best way to spend Christmas [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The best way to spend Christmas

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Year after year I have battle the throngs in the department stores looking for gifts, spent way too much money, went to friends houses and ate really bad food, went to relatives and watched fights break out between family members, put up the tree, lights, cooked myself, rushed, stressed, and then did it all over again.

This year tried something a little different, and now have decided it will be a new tradition for me and my boys. We took a 12 day holiday cruise to the carribean. I had a great time, was spoiled, had great food, parasailed, skydived, snorkled, swam with dolphins, ate some more, slept in a very large veranda suite, had someone to wait on me hand and foot, and clean the suite everyday. I spent christmas on a island sipping rum out of a pineapple and getting some sun(like I really needed to be browner than I am)

I have vowed never to go back to the old traditional way of doing christmas as it was too stressful and to much work. I have already booked next year trip, a 17 day hawaii trip.

gonefishin
12-28-2004, 09:35 PM
Hi Terrence,

WOW...sounds like you had an incredible Christmas. Spending Christmas on a warm tropical cruise with your family sounds like a little bit of heaven here on earth.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

dan

theaudiohobby
12-29-2004, 06:25 AM
Congrats, a nice way to celebrate xmas for sure, and a lot less stressful.

Woochifer
12-29-2004, 06:58 PM
Hey T -

Happy holidays to you as well, glad to see that you got out a bit and worked on your "tan"! I guess this means that rather than brewskis for all, you're rolling out the rum and dinky umbrellas?

Anyway, welcome back...

piece-it pete
01-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Wow T, what a plan. Glad you had a great Christmas!

I need a vacation from my holidays this year, run ragged, beat-up, bruised, and bloody :) .

I'm considering renting a cabin in the woods next year. NO cellphone, no relatives, yes beer, yes charcoal grilled steak.

Maybe I will need electricity, though - I'd hate to have to give up the Messiah on Christmas!

Pete