What am I buying for my B-day this week? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What am I buying for my B-day this week?

3-LockBox
12-28-2004, 10:56 AM
So far: sissyfied prog in the form of--- Caravan:Land Of Grey And Pink---Jon Anderson:Olias Of Sunhillow---and a curious thing I saw at Amazon; Rick Wakeman:Criminal Record/Journey To The Center Of The Earth 2-in1 CD

3-LockBox
12-28-2004, 04:32 PM
So far: sissyfied prog in the form of--- Caravan:Land Of Grey And Pink---Jon Anderson:Olias Of Sunhillow---and a curious thing I saw at Amazon; Rick Wakeman:Criminal Record/Journey To The Center Of The Earth 2-in1 CD

POS:Remedy Lane -CD
Spock's Beard:Day For A Night -CD

Dream Theater:Live At Budokan -DVD
King Crimson:Deja Vroom -DVD
Steve Hackett:Once Above A Time -DVD

That oughta 'bout do it for a while!

Thank you all for your recs.

ForeverAutumn
12-29-2004, 07:18 AM
Happy Birthday 3LB!!!

Jim Clark
12-29-2004, 07:38 AM
Yeah man, happy Birthday! Hope you get everything you want. Just remember, man can not, or at least should not, live on Prog alone. I'll testify to the goodness of that Pinback album Sloshie used on his excellent year end comp. I got the comp early enough to sneak it in on my Christmas wishlist and my oldest son came through. It's a keeper.

jc

Dusty Chalk
12-29-2004, 09:48 AM
...a curious thing I saw at Amazon; Rick Wakeman:Criminal Record/Journey To The Center Of The Earth 2-in1 CDBizarre. Are you sure that's not a cassette? I've never heard of it before. You'll have to report in on the sound quality. I have Journey on MFSL silver, but I don't have Criminal on digital.

tentoze
12-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Well, today is mine, and since I'm 2500 miles away from the only music store I shop in, I guess I'll hang on until next week when I get back to LV. Happy B-day, BTW.

ForeverAutumn
12-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Well, today is mine...

Happy Birthday to you too Tentoze!!!

Gee, there's a lot of December birthdays around here. Tentoze, 3LB, Davey, I believe Hyfi's was on Monday, and wasn't Stone's birthday earlier this month also?

Happy Birthday to you all! And to anyone that I missed. :D

Dusty Chalk
12-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Happy Birthday to you too Tentoze!!!

Gee, there's a lot of December birthdays around here. Tentoze, 3LB, Davey...and wasn't Stone's birthday earlier this month also?

Happy Birthday to you all! And to anyone that I missed. :DDitto!

3-LockBox
12-29-2004, 08:24 PM
and Happy Birthday to you too!

3-LockBox
12-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Crap! My POS:Remedy Lane purchase is a 'no go'.....the seller (thru Amazon.com) actually claims that his dog "ate it" just before he could mail it to me. My credit card is refunded and back to Amazon I go. There seems to be a few of these used, and I won't pay the $24.99 they want for new. Here's hoping this one is a 'go'.

3-LockBox
12-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Hey man, thanks...as far the item in question...it plainly says that its an audio CD, Rare Import-multi page booklet incl. But if it isn't, back it will go. The seller seems to be an actual 'store' located in NJ, and has had excellent ratings FWIW. I doubt its a remaster though and it might be one of those cheesy things that some fly-by-night distributor has slapped together. (I've seen a lot of bands get this treatment, from AC-DC to The Beatles to The Eagles to Fleetwood Mac to ZZ-Top).

I'm sure its a second or third generation transfer, but hey, I liked when I heard it on Delicious Agony, and that was in mono, since I only have a dial-up connection. I can certainly 'dress it up' with Goldwave if I don't like the sound quality.