Any Fates Warning fans here at RR? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any Fates Warning fans here at RR?

3-LockBox
12-27-2004, 07:24 PM
Listened to a little of -X- at CC the other day. Sorta reminds me of Queensryche in a way. Is this just an Operation Mindcrime redux?

Oh... tell me of Fates Warning...

tanx

3LB (enjoying Fat Tire Amber Ale at the moment)

Dusty Chalk
12-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Somewhere between Queensryche and Dream Theater perhaps, but they are their own band. I totally dig X (or is it FWX?), but still like A Pleasant Shade Of Gray the most. Next time you're in Borders, check that one out.

N. Abstentia
12-28-2004, 04:41 AM
Fates and Queensryche started around the same time, so no they are not just another Queensryche.

If you're not familiar with Fates, the best place to start is probably Parallels. It's more mainstream and will allow you to kind of back into them.

My favorite Fates album? Inside Out. It's dark and brooding..creates a great mood. Not a weak spot on the whole thing...of course there are very few weak spots on any Fates albums.

MasterCylinder
12-28-2004, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the recommendations................based on what I heard from Matheos in the OSI project, I just ordered 3 of the discs that you guys recommended.

Inside Out

Parallels

and, FWX.

Thanks, again.

MasterCylinder
01-04-2005, 11:16 AM
UPDATE ..................

After receiving the 3 CDs mentioned above and giving each release 2 carefully attentive listens throughout, the results are as follows:

"X" is significantly better than the other two.

I hate to make snap judgements -- will listen some more.

Dusty Chalk
01-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Well, in that case, I'll repeat myself: you really must hear A Pleasant Shade Of Gray.

N. Abstentia
01-04-2005, 06:32 PM
They're ALL good! They are also all different so it's great that different people will like different things. Personally I prefer killer guitar work to the keyboard programming which is probably why I like Inside Out.