Rceommend Prog DVDs please//new toy [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rceommend Prog DVDs please//new toy

3-LockBox
12-27-2004, 11:11 AM
I just got a new toy; a portable DVD player w/ 7" LCD screen. I watched Led Zep's latest DVD on it last night. Man oh man, this is the Zep everyone should see instead of the horrible Song Remains The Same movie. I also own the Symphonic Yes DVD. This a great way to watch these for me, since my >loser step-son< has moved back in with us, I had to give-up my HT room for a while.

I've heard about some of the DVD concert offering from bands like Dream Theatre and Spock's Beard and King Crimson. I probably will only buy one of these at a time, if at all.
Just so I don't have to dig through the archives, can anyone elaborate on these discs? Or maybe you could recommend some others. Non prog concert recs are also welcomed.

Thanx a bunch and Happy New Year!

Demetrio
12-27-2004, 12:00 PM
You won't go wrong with any of these:

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=8797

All are great, so chose youself which one is more suitable for you.

Cheers,
Demetrio.

Dave_G
12-27-2004, 04:21 PM
PALLAS - The Blinding Darkness

Kansas - DVD

Roger Waters - In the Flesh

Nektar Live

Steve Hackett - Tokyo Tapes

or The Flower Kings dvd.

Regards,

Dave

Finch Platte
12-27-2004, 04:58 PM
The Flower Kings dvd.

Dave

Can't wait to hear/see thisun. :D

elf pee

MasterCylinder
12-28-2004, 05:25 AM
DREAM THEATER -- Live at Budokan.

First disc is an April, 2004 concert that is very, very well-recorded (as opposed to previous DT DVDs). It is over two hours of "rock" solid performance, from all 4 instrumentalists. Lead vocals are done well too.

Second disc is the bonus materials; very interesting as a "day-in-the-life" peep into DT's concert preperation habits, as well as, incredibly detailed reviews of the equipment requirements of Petrucci and Rudess.

Five stars !