yamaha htr5790/rxv1400 reviews? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : yamaha htr5790/rxv1400 reviews?

harmanguy85
12-25-2004, 01:08 PM
i am interested in getting a new home theather reciever and i think i want the yamaha htr 5790 or the rxv1400. they are the exact same reciever besides a little cosmetic differences. i was just wondering if there is anybody on here who has this reciever and would like to tell me if they like it or not. and what they like or dislike about it. for speakers i have the infinity alpha 50's and for my current reciever i have a cheap jvc dv31sl, it's a reciever/dvd combo. it's an alright reciever but i need something more.

SAPSEC
12-25-2004, 09:24 PM
It's average - not so bad. Recommend RX-Z9 it's much better.

woodman
12-25-2004, 10:29 PM
To: Harmanguy85 -
Just ignore the reply from "Sapsec" ... it's not only un-responsive to your basic question, it's also a bit off base. Of course, the RX-Z9 is a "better" unit ... it should be, since it carries a pricetag that's 5 1/2 times the price of the 1400 ($4500 vs. $800)! They're not in the same class at all, since the Z9 is a "statement piece" - a "cost is no object" top-of-the-line "flagship" receiver, and the 1400 is placed closer to the middle of the model lineup.

The RX-V1400 is not an "average" receiver in any way, shape, or form. It is well above average in all respects, and qualifies as a lot better than "not so bad". Since it's also been replaced in the lineup (by the RX-V1500), it should also be available for a real bargain of a price at this point in time. I would highly recommend it to you. You might also consider the RX-V750, which can be bought for an even lower price, and will not give away much in comparison to the 1400 in terms of performance either. When you get right down to the basics, it's probably the biggest bargain to be found in an A/V receiver today - bar none.

Hope this helps you