I hate it when people do this [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I hate it when people do this

Davey.
12-16-2003, 12:10 PM
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?threadid=881

Swish
12-16-2003, 12:14 PM
:D What a nice list. Most I've never heard of or would never think of buying, save the Johnny Marr and perhaps a couple others.

Davey.
12-16-2003, 12:52 PM
What a nice list.
Hehehe, actually my intent was to get in a playful jab at Jay for posting links with no comment as he often does, because I open his post expecting some insightful comments from one of my Rave Recs buddies, only to find an anonymous URL. And then nobody turned around and did pretty much the same thing, which is what led to my post. I think people posting nothing more than a link should indicate that in their subject so I know that <i>before</i> I open it :)

It's kind of like my sister-in-law who is always forwarding me e-mails with joke attachments that I never open. Well.....kinda. Sorry, just my daily rant :)

MindGoneHaywire
12-16-2003, 01:57 PM
I didn't think you were angry at me or anything...I've just been real busy & I have another post I want to put up about Ryan Adams' erratic behavior at a Minneapolis show that I'm surprised Rob hasn't posted about...more interesting than the Jack White post, and a Paul Westerberg angle to boot...apparently they don't like each other all that much.

I had over 100 auctions end over the weekend so I've been busy as hell mailing stuff out. I've also heard more new music (some of it very good) in the past week than I have in ages, and I've got lots to say about it, too. Have to make it over to the Tuesday thread when I get a chance. As for the Onion post...so far as I'm concerned the Onion kind of speaks for itself. I think it's probably the most consistent humor publication that I've seen since the heyday of the National Lampoon (which I'd put in the 70s, and I came in on the tail end, purchased my first NL in May 1979 & didn't miss an issue for years). I did wonder if you were referring to the idea of taking the time to make a list of turkeys, but no matter. I just didn't really have anything to say about it as it stands up on its own.

I have pomps-a-coppin' for a few people, some of which I've already burned, some not, that I want to send out...I'm just jammed up at the moment, but there are a couple of folks here I owe big-time (right now, especially, Jackson & JC). I apologize in advance for the delay.

Lastly, glad to see the love for the Blue Train album. It is, with Kind Of Blue...I think those are the two finest jazz albums ever made, by anybody. I love A Love Supreme, but when I think Coltrane, I think jazz of the Blue Train variety, the sort that has never been topped in my mind, the sort that Miles turned out so much of with Coltrane at his side. I curse jazz dicks for turning rock fans off to this music with their snobbery, classical snobs for not finding a way to declare jazz to be a legitimate form of music, and the millions of rockheads who would never think of listening to a jazz album & never like anything you'd choose to play for 'em anyway. Of course not everyone's going to like jazz, or Coltrane, but damn if Blue Train isn't (again, along with KOB) the pinnacle of the form...it sure is to my ears.

Jim Clark
12-16-2003, 02:27 PM
I have pomps-a-coppin' for a few people, some of which I've already burned, some not, that I want to send out...I'm just jammed up at the moment, but there are a couple of folks here I owe big-time (right now, especially, Jackson & JC). I apologize in advance for the delay.

J, you don't owe me squat so put a check mark by my name and consider it done. That ought to free up a few minutes.

Regards,
jc