Not far from the tree, eh? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Not far from the tree, eh?

Slosh
12-23-2004, 08:04 AM
My daughter's been raiding my CD collection lately and look at this comp I found on my hard drive this morning.

Archaic
01. Enema - Tool
02. Zombie Eaters - Faith No More
03. Mountain Song - Jane's Addiction
04. Bury Me - Smashing Pumpkins
05. Away - Toadies
06. Jesus Christ Pose - Soundgarden
07. Sickman - Alice In Chains
08. Regular People (Conceit) - Pantera
09. Broken Peace - Prong
10. Honey Bucket - Melvins
11. Propaganda - Sepultura
12. Workhorse - Mastodon
13. Harvester Of Sorrow - Metallica
14. Welcome To Planet Motherf<a>ucker/Psychoholic Slag - White Zombie
15. Just One Fix - Ministry
16. Without A Face - Rage Against The Machine

Okay, so I helped her a little but she did pick out all of the bands and nine of the songs. Still, pretty damn impressive for a thirteen year old girl, I think. :D

-Jar-
12-23-2004, 08:23 AM
My daughter's been raiding my CD collection lately and look at this comp I found on my hard drive this morning.

Archaic
01. Enema - Tool
02. Zombie Eaters - Faith No More
03. Mountain Song - Jane's Addiction
04. Bury Me - Smashing Pumpkins
05. Away - Toadies
06. Jesus Christ Pose - Soundgarden
07. Sickman - Alice In Chains
08. Regular People (Conceit) - Pantera
09. Broken Peace - Prong
10. Honey Bucket - Melvins
11. Propaganda - Sepultura
12. Workhorse - Mastodon
13. Harvester Of Sorrow - Metallica
14. Welcome To Planet Motherf<a>ucker/Psychoholic Slag - White Zombie
15. Just One Fix - Ministry
16. Without A Face - Rage Against The Machine

Okay, so I helped her a little but she did pick out all of the bands and nine of the songs. Still, pretty damn impressive for a thirteen year old girl, I think. :D

damn! not bad! does she know what a "Fix" is? heheeh.

I love the inclusion of "Honey Bucket"

-jar

Slosh
12-23-2004, 08:45 AM
damn! not bad! does she know what a "Fix" is? heheeh.

I love the inclusion of "Honey Bucket"

-jar

I just hope she doesn't know what a honey bucket is! :o Those were both her picks, BTW.

NP: The Van Allen Belt - Lactater-Tots
Troy, believe it or not your vocal phrasing often sounds a lot like Richard Davies, only without the tunefulness :p

ForeverAutumn
12-23-2004, 11:42 AM
I just hope she doesn't know what a honey bucket is! :o Those were both her picks, BTW.

Yet no-one seems to be concerned about Mother****er. Hmmmmmm. :eek:

Slosh
12-23-2004, 12:50 PM
Yet no-one seems to be concerned about Mother****er. Hmmmmmm. :eek:

I believe in employing full use of the English language, when it is in a socially acceptable
situation.

Words can't be 'bad', only people can and my kid understands the difference.

ForeverAutumn
12-23-2004, 01:07 PM
I believe in employing full use of the English language, when it is in a socially acceptable
situation.

Words can't be 'bad', only people can and my kid understands the difference.

Ooops! I forgot to put the winky in my post. ;) I hope my comment was taken as the 'busying of balls" that it was intended to be and not as any kind of criticism (which it definately was not).

;) ;) ;)

Davey
12-24-2004, 10:24 AM
But wasn't it recently announced that the gene thought to be responsible for bad taste in music skips a generation? Guess they still need to do some research, eh Sloshy? Ho ho ho, just kidding! Looks like she's a little bit too impressionable for her own good. What's she think of the goofy Blueberry Boat? ;)

Slosh
12-24-2004, 07:58 PM
But wasn't it recently announced that the gene thought to be responsible for bad taste in music skips a generation? Guess they still need to do some research, eh Sloshy? Ho ho ho, just kidding!
Who ya calling a ho?

Looks like she's a little bit too impressionable for her own good.
Nah, not really too much. She got me into Lamb Of God. Sometimes it's nice to have the tables turned. She mentioned in passing that she likes NoFX so I got her four CDs for x-day. I know they've been around forever but I don't think I've ever heard them. I'm guessing they sound something like Rancid but I could be way off base. Guess I'll find out soon enough.
What's she think of the goofy Blueberry Boat? ;)
Umm, she thinks it's goofy but she does like that the dog was spiritually lost.

NP: GvsB

Slosh
12-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Ooops! I forgot to put the winky in my post. ;) I hope my comment was taken as the 'busying of balls" that it was intended to be and not as any kind of criticism (which it definately was not).

;) ;) ;)

I didn't take it that way. Sometimes I just like to impose my will on the world ;)