Midwest people..how ya doin'? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Midwest people..how ya doin'?

-Jar-
12-23-2004, 06:33 AM
I don't think it got this bad last year or the year before that. We got tons of slush and standing water all over the place because the temp went up last night melting a lot of the nearly foot of snow that fell. It's still snowing and cold air is moving in to turn all that slush to ice again.

Should be an interesting drive home.

:p

-jar

NP: My Red House Painters comp.

Stone
12-23-2004, 06:58 AM
Doing fine here. We only got an inch or so; the storm missed us but it looks like you and the Detroit area got hit really hard.

Drive carefully, my friend.

Finch Platte
12-23-2004, 07:20 AM
It's really foggy here.

fp

ForeverAutumn
12-23-2004, 07:48 AM
We had about a foot of snow overnight which turned to freezing rain this morning. When we went out to shovel the driveway this morning, there was a nice sheet of ice covering up all the snow. My husband left for work, only to return about 15 minutes later because of traffic and slippery road conditions. He left again about a half hour ago and he's not home yet, so I guess he's on his way. Me? I love that I can work from home. :D :D :D

It's raining out now. And even though I salted this morning, our driveway and porch are covered in ice.

skewiff
12-23-2004, 08:13 AM
We got about 7 inches earlier, it's 11.am now and the sun just came out.

From a cold and white lower Michigan.

Tony

np Le Tigre ....This Island

Troy
12-23-2004, 08:23 AM
We got about 50,000 feet of sunshine and blue sky.

Chilly tho, might be 62 out . . . But it's only 8:25. Give it a few hours and it'll be nice and warm in the sun.

BarryL
12-23-2004, 10:11 AM
We got about 50,000 feet of sunshine and blue sky.

Chilly tho, might be 62 out . . . But it's only 8:25. Give it a few hours and it'll be nice and warm in the sun.

Now that the trial is over, it's just another normal sunny day? You need some adventure in your weather. (Earthquakes aren't considered weather). Start wishing for snow! It's never too late for a white Christmas.

Troy
12-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Much as I enjoy watching the winter olympics on TV, if I never experience snow again in my lifetime, I'd be OK with that.

Gimme the beach, some palm trees and a Mai Tai.

Dave_G
12-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Damn.

It's like 40F here and dropping like crapola.

It'll be like 20F tomorrow night and all, but thank goodness no snow or ice.

But it's still cold as crud!

Dave

Ex Lion Tamer
12-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Gimme the beach, some palm trees and a Mai Tai.

Geez, you sound like Jeff Spicoli..."All I need are some tasty waves..."

Troy
12-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Geez, you sound like Jeff Spicoli..."All I need are some tasty waves..."

Dooood!

Jim Clark
12-23-2004, 02:47 PM
hace fria hoy. About 6 degrees but nothing in terms of precip. I sure hope it warms up before the Chiefs game on Christmas.

To everyone with the crud on the roads, buckle up and drive safe and be sure to keep an eye out for the idiots.

jc