surround sound speaker position [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : surround sound speaker position

brulaha
12-23-2004, 02:02 AM
In a 5.1 setup, would you go with speakers on the side, facing the opposite speaker, or behind the listening position facing the mains? My room is 18' x 13' with my mains on the long wall.

brulaha
12-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Come on. I know there has to be strong feelings for both positions. I really would like some input.

PAT.P
12-23-2004, 08:06 PM
In a 5.1 setup, would you go with speakers on the side, facing the opposite speaker, or behind the listening position facing the mains? My room is 18' x 13' with my mains on the long wall.
Im using a 5.1 set up also and have a pair of Dahlquist 25RA special effects speaker and position them on back wall on each side of couch 2 feet above the headrest and sound great .I'll be adding another pair on the side when I'll upgrade to 7.1.Pat.P

hershon
12-23-2004, 09:03 PM
I have the three front speakers equil distance apart on top of my 48" Mitsubishi HD TV which is centered 10' from my sofa, my sub to the left of the TV on the floor & the 2 back speakers on both sides of my couch on the end tables with a small stand underneath them so they're just above the couch. I'm sure if I got a stands for the front speakers & moved them to the left & right of the TV, technically the sound would probably be better, but for my purposes including cosmetic ones, I'm very happy with this set up.