Any Gamers out there? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any Gamers out there?

topspeed
12-22-2004, 10:45 AM
I'll be on vacation next week and as both the wife and kids will be at work and school respectively, I'll have the whole house to myself!! :D:D:D:D:D:D (Those of you without kids will have no appreciation for this concept. Those of you that do, can a brother get an "AMEN!"?)

Soooooo...

With my time off, I plan on picking up the PS2 and maybe do some gaming while I listen to some tunes. Do you guys have any suggestions? What's good out there? I've got GTA San Andreas and I like first person shooters. Is Killzone any good? How about 007 Rogue Agent? For PC's, which is better: Doom 3 or Half Life 2?

Thanks for the tips and Merry Christmas to all.

dean_martin
12-22-2004, 01:42 PM
I'll be on vacation next week and as both the wife and kids will be at work and school respectively, I'll have the whole house to myself!! :D:D:D:D:D:D (Those of you without kids will have no appreciation for this concept. Those of you that do, can a brother get an "AMEN!"?)

Soooooo...

With my time off, I plan on picking up the PS2 and maybe do some gaming while I listen to some tunes. Do you guys have any suggestions? What's good out there? I've got GTA San Andreas and I like first person shooters. Is Killzone any good? How about 007 Rogue Agent? For PC's, which is better: Doom 3 or Half Life 2?

AMEN!!! Time to run around in my boxers, crank up the tunes and make cool noise on my guitars (which nobody else seems to appreciate)!

We do XBox at my house. Halo 2 and Need for Speed Underground 2 are most popular right now and one son is looking forward to Ghost Recon 2. I bought him Medal of Honor Frontline because it has some historical basis (WWII European theater) and it's supposed to be a good first person shooter. It's a Christmas gift so we haven't played it. They make one for the Pacific theater too. In shopping for gifts I noticed several WWII themed games that have the look of Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers. I'm not sure which is best though.

We play some sports games too. We've done the NFL stuff so we're gonna try NCAA Football this Christmas. I enjoyed NBA Street 2 (but, I also liked LooneyTunes Basketball for Super Nintendo).

Enjoy your time to yourself. It's scarce.

Merry Christmas!

dave123456@mail.com
12-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Hell yeah I always play video games while listening to my stereo, ususally not seriously but its fun to do something while listening to tunes. Unfortunately my ps2 just broke the other day =0( so ill probabaly have to send it back and play some old school Super Nintendo games or something while waiting to get it fixed. Anyways, Gran Turismo 3 is a pretty good game to play while listening to music, so is SSX 3 and Ace Combat 4.

ericl
12-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Metroid Prime is my game.

For PC, it sounds like Doom 3 is the real technological wonder. Don't know much about Half-Life though. Apparently to run Doom 3 you need a really beefy PC, so look into that first.

I also run our video game site: http://www.videogamereview.com not the greatest compared to all the slick vg sites out there, but its got consumer reviews, and a nice little forums community (http://forums.videogamereview.com) just like here. (sorry for the shameless plug, I wouldn't be doing my job otherwise)

merry christmas
Eric

Geoffcin
12-23-2004, 05:16 PM

Soooooo...

I've been into FPS since the original DOOM about 10 years ago. I do NOT reccomend a week playing them nonstop though!

My latest kick is racing games. This is one of the best out to date. The gameplay is even better with a wheel.

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/tocaracedriver2/

ericl
12-23-2004, 11:46 PM
I think you have found THE freakiest avatar ever!

:eek:

-Eric

Geoffcin
12-24-2004, 11:21 AM
I think you have found THE freakiest avatar ever!

:eek:

-Eric

I made this one myself. It's a digital pic of Anthony Hopkins taken directly off my monitor with my Canon D10.