All* cd's $9.99 at Circuit City Wed. & Thurs. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : All* cd's $9.99 at Circuit City Wed. & Thurs.

newtrix1
12-22-2004, 06:48 AM
In case you have any spending money left ;)

Details from their website:
In-store only. *Applies to CDs regularly priced from 10.99 to 13.99. Excludes SACD and DVD audio. Limit 3 per title per customer. Discount taken at register. While supplies last.

Jim Clark
12-22-2004, 06:50 AM
just saw the ad myself. the problem is that I can't think of anything they might carry in store that I might want. maybe we could turn this into a suggestion thread or maybe Best Buy would price match this deal. My odds at BB are much better than CC.

jc

newtrix1
12-22-2004, 08:18 AM
Problem is, having heard his earlier albums, there's no way I'm picking this one up until I've had a chance to listen to it myself. I found it at FYE a few days ago and got to hear a few tracks on one of their listening stations. Surprisingly I didn't hear one cuss in the short samples I listened to, but I'd still like to hear the whole thing first.
Other than that album, I don't really expect to find too much at CC, but I'll check their SACD's & DVD-A's just in case they are on sale (despite the fine print stating otherwise).
Btw, Jim, I recently came across your Christmas comp from a few years back. Haven't popped it in the player yet, but it's "on deck". Happy/merry to you & the family.

-Jar-
12-22-2004, 01:39 PM
NP: Compus Roolus Maximus

How ya been RPMer?

newtrix1
12-23-2004, 08:49 AM
NP: Compus Roolus Maximus

How ya been RPMer?

RAtM's first that is? It's a classic IMO. Their stuff after the first album is hit-n-miss, but that first album rools! I usually play hard stuff like that when I'm doing outdoor chores (very motivating :) ).

I'm well, getting ready for Christmas, Playsation 2 console this year, woohoo! For the kids of course :rolleyes: I guess this will be a big Christmas for you too with the baby, best wishes, and good luck dealing with the weather.

-Jar-
12-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Don't have the album yet, but every time I hear those tracks I like them more. I was so anti-rap/rock back then that I never gave them a fair shake. One of these days I'll stumble across that one..

The "baby" isn't much of a baby anymore.. 21 months old! she's talking her head off, we estimate she already knows well over 200 words.. not bad for that age.

Merry Holidaze to you and your family..

-jar

3-LockBox
12-23-2004, 05:41 PM
Wished I could say I saw three CDs at Circuit City I'd buy. I was just there last weekend and came out empty handed. I'd have to say that about the last few times I was in there, or Best Buy. The last 10 or 15 CDs I've purchased came from on-line.

Thank God for the web. At least now I don't have to pretend to like every cookie cutter, acid-pop/garage band wannabe that has been churned out over the last two years. I can actually buy music I'm interested in, rather than what's shoved in front of me by some suit.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas to all.

newtrix1
12-24-2004, 08:25 AM
Wished I could say I saw three CDs at Circuit City I'd buy. I was just there last weekend and came out empty handed. I'd have to say that about the last few times I was in there, or Best Buy. The last 10 or 15 CDs I've purchased came from on-line.

Thank God for the web. At least now I don't have to pretend to like every cookie cutter, acid-pop/garage band wannabe that has been churned out over the last two years. I can actually buy music I'm interested in, rather than what's shoved in front of me by some suit.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas to all.

I think I've bought almost all of my cd's & DVD's this past year from DEEPDISCOUNTCD.com (or ...DVD.com). They aren't the quickest to ship, but prices can't be beat.
I also had a disappointing trip to CC, of my wishlist I found only one title, but it's one I'm happy with: Mos Def's New Danger. I also spent an inordinate amount of time on the checkout line :mad: Oh well, I'm glad we have so many options as to where to buy! Life's good, Merry Christmas, etc.