wall mounting? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : wall mounting?

brulaha
12-22-2004, 12:01 AM
Any idea's on mounting a bookshelf speaker to the wall???

ruadmaa
12-22-2004, 03:34 AM
You can easily wall mount any bookshelf speaker to the wall. You can buy suitable mounting shelfs just about anywhere. I have wall mounted bookshelfs in my recreation room that I use with a powered subwoofer and the results are excellent.

brulaha
12-22-2004, 08:00 AM
My speakers are PSB 2B's. They are fairly heavy, weighing about 20 lbs per speaker. I would be affixing them to dry wall.

midfiguy
12-22-2004, 09:53 AM
If you mount to a stud, you can make one out of wood, like an L shelf. For example, the shelf might be like 11" x 8", etc and you nail to it an 11" x 3" piece "standing up" so that if you were to look at it from the side, it looks like and "L" on it's side. If you mount to studs (predrill a small hole and use like 3" drywall screws), it will hold much more than 20lbs. However, studs are typically 16" apart, so you might be able to attached one side to a stud and may need to use a wall anchor for the other side.

Or you can always make the shelf 16" wide which would allow you to attach to 2 different studs.

topspeed
12-22-2004, 10:28 AM
I use these B Tech mounts (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GFIUBC7qjGC/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=15830&I=121BT77B&search=speaker+mounts) from Crutchfield and find them to be exceptionally well built. My surrounds weigh 36 lbs and the mounts handle it with ease (they are rated to 55lbs). Very clean install, nice fit and finish, adjustable for both tilt and toe-in, and you don't have to drill into your speakers thanks to the vice-like clamping system. These could be a good solution for you.

Hope this helps.

brulaha
12-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Thank you Midfiguy and Topspeed! I think Topper's suggestion fits me better, but I appreciated both suggestions.

brulaha
12-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Topspeed, just ordered the stands you recommended...will let you know how they work out.

Worf101
12-30-2004, 07:47 AM
I use these B Tech mounts (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GFIUBC7qjGC/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=15830&I=121BT77B&search=speaker+mounts) from Crutchfield and find them to be exceptionally well built. My surrounds weigh 36 lbs and the mounts handle it with ease (they are rated to 55lbs). Very clean install, nice fit and finish, adjustable for both tilt and toe-in, and you don't have to drill into your speakers thanks to the vice-like clamping system. These could be a good solution for you.

Hope this helps.

I've a bedroom system and use the same mounts for my Platinum Audio Studio Ones. They work fantastice and heartily recommend.

Da Worfster