GRAVEYARD MOUNTAIN HOME -- New Chroma Key [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : GRAVEYARD MOUNTAIN HOME -- New Chroma Key

MasterCylinder
12-21-2004, 06:49 AM
Just when you thought Kevin Moore could not get any more weird, fresh from his new home-life in Turkey, the guy writes and records a CD......

....."to accompany a surreal, obscure social guidance film from 1955 called "Age 13". The film with this alternate soundtrack is included as a video file on the CD."

I have heard this CD 3 times -- I am still afraid to watch the video.

DarrenH
12-21-2004, 07:26 AM
Do you like it?

Lots of mixed feelings on this one. Many folks don't think it's very good.

I just listened to Dead Air For Radios yesterday. What a great album. Not sure if I'm gonna take the plunge on Graveyard though. This is definitely a "listen before I buy" cd.

Darren

Troy
12-21-2004, 08:39 AM
Listen to the entire album here:

http://www.chromakey.com/

I did this a couple of days ago.

Way too soundscapey. There's no "songs" on there! Nothing to sink my teeth into.

It's really depressing sounding, isn't it? Bleaugh.

I give the first 2/3 of "Dead Air for Radios" 5 stars. Then it starts to sound like "Graveyard Mountain Home".

Dusty Chalk
12-21-2004, 07:55 PM
I liked it. It appeals to my 'alien' side. But it's not going to make my year-end list -- too many other good albums that roxors my boxors and pitch tents (Ayreon, Dead Soul Tribe, White Willow, etc.).

It's not that different from his solo album, Ghost Book, though more song-y. I agree it's very soundscapey, but there's a song or two towards the end that are actual songs.

Troy
12-22-2004, 08:24 AM
So I'm at the used store yesterday and I see this for 6 bucks . . . . couldn't say no.

Maybe it'll grow on me.