Screen on Tv turns off but tv still running! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Screen on Tv turns off but tv still running!

Astro
12-20-2004, 06:25 PM
hey there
i have a 76cm widescreen crt tv. I have noticed an intermitant problem with it. Sometimes when i go to turn it off with the remote the screen will shut off but the tv seem to be still running, like it has noise as if it is still going in the back of it. I peeked inside and saw a glowing thing that was lit iup the same way it lights up when the tv is turned on, ( the electon guns) i think.?

Anyway any ideas on what the hell is happening?

:confused:

eisforelectronic
12-22-2004, 03:33 AM
Maybe it has an auto-cool feature to protect the tube. Does it eventually go off?

kfalls
12-22-2004, 05:19 AM
It sounds like one of the older "instant-on" features used to keep specific components "warmed-up" so the TV comes on immediately when powered on. I don't remember a whole lot about them, only that there was a tube which was always on.

Astro
12-23-2004, 04:54 AM
Maybe it has an auto-cool feature to protect the tube. Does it eventually go off?
No it stays on untill i turn the tv back on and then off again.

C Bennett
01-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Don't know what it is but my TV does the exact same thing. Its like you hit the off switch and the TV goes black screen but when you get near it you get that high pitched buzzing sound that sounds like a TV is on but volume set to zero. I turn it back on and off then it actually "shuts down". Don't know what causes it but your not alone. And this is on a 7-8 year old Sharp 27"

Astro
01-12-2005, 05:01 AM
Don't know what it is but my TV does the exact same thing. Its like you hit the off switch and the TV goes black screen but when you get near it you get that high pitched buzzing sound that sounds like a TV is on but volume set to zero. I turn it back on and off then it actually "shuts down". Don't know what causes it but your not alone. And this is on a 7-8 year old Sharp 27"

hey Bennett

does your tv do it intermitently? Happens when ever ? some days its fine then one day it will do it just out of the blue? Also how often does it happen?

shokhead
01-12-2005, 06:41 AM
Sounds like its in stand-by mode.