velodyne cht series..... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : velodyne cht series.....

cone
12-18-2004, 07:18 PM
these are available online at very reasonable prices...the 10" sub going for $200....at any rate...are these decent with music?....I am willing to spend more...but if this does a good job...which the reviews I have read indicate...why spend more? Also...i dont expect rare-wood finishes at this price point...but how is build quality?

Geoffcin
12-18-2004, 07:36 PM
these are available online at very reasonable prices...the 10" sub going for $200....at any rate...are these decent with music?....I am willing to spend more...but if this does a good job...which the reviews I have read indicate...why spend more? Also...i dont expect rare-wood finishes at this price point...but how is build quality?

For Home Theater in a medium sized room this might be all you'll ever need.

jrflanne
12-18-2004, 08:03 PM
I have an older CHT-12. It's pretty boomy but seems to be build very well.

Geoffcin
12-18-2004, 08:08 PM
I have an older CHT-12. It's pretty boomy but seems to be build very well.

You have to move it around a bit. Room interactions play havoc with bass. Even a move of a foot can make a big difference sometimes.

dinon
12-18-2004, 10:06 PM
You have to move it around a bit. Room interactions play havoc with bass. Even a move of a foot can make a big difference sometimes.
]
I agree with Geoffcin, you got to move around to find a place to get the best sound out of the sub. Sub is alot pickier compared to speakers. I currently have the cht-12. I cound not be happier with it. it is a solid sub in terms of sound and built quality. If you can get those cth12 for less than$350 or cht10 for less than $250, it could be very good deal.