Was the font changed or is it my computer? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Was the font changed or is it my computer?

hershon
12-17-2004, 11:41 PM
The fonts now on this board look terrible Is this just me or did someone fix what didn't need fixing?

ericl
12-17-2004, 11:52 PM
I'm just experimenting with the style sheets. Its easy to change, I want to try it out for a little while. "Georgia" is the name of the font. I guess you don't like it. :(

-Eric

woodman
12-18-2004, 08:31 AM
I don't care for it either, Eric ... not even a little! Please change it back (the sooner, the better).

N. Abstentia
12-18-2004, 09:14 AM
Yeah, no likey. The spacing of the font is very funky and you don't know if you have a space or not in some places.

ericl
12-18-2004, 06:13 PM
You guys er breakin my ba**s here!

Changing it back will have to wait until Monday, I like to have my engineer on hand in case I screw something up. Change is good, maybe you'll grow to love it!

-Eric

just curious, what OS and browser and screen res are you guys running?

Geoffcin
12-18-2004, 06:15 PM
I'm just experimenting with the style sheets. Its easy to change, I want to try it out for a little while. "Georgia" is the name of the font. I guess you don't like it. :(

-Eric

Try WingDings, that should keep em on their toes!

Geoff

Lara
12-18-2004, 06:45 PM
LOL Geoff.

Guys, give it a little while before you decide. You're just used to the old font, which I think is way too small. Eric can try a different font if you absolutely don't like this one.

My resolution is 1024x768...notebook. Monitor is 15". Looks good to me. I haven't checked it out on my PC yet. Will do that and see if I don't like it on that.

No matter what though, there are always some who like change and some who don't.

I wonder if Tahoma would be more to people's liking? The plainer the text, the easier to read. (Tahoma size 3.)

Then there is Veranda. Which is pretty plain. (Veranda size 2.)

Geoffcin
12-18-2004, 07:44 PM
You guys er breakin my ba**s here!

Changing it back will have to wait until Monday, I like to have my engineer on hand in case I screw something up. Change is good, maybe you'll grow to love it!

-Eric

just curious, what OS and browser and screen res are you guys running?

Change is good? This is from a guy who's speakers are older than he is!

Geoff

Geoffcin
12-18-2004, 07:53 PM
LOL Geoff.

Guys, give it a little while before you decide. You're just used to the old font, which I think is way too small. Eric can try a different font if you absolutely don't like this one.

My resolution is 1024x768...notebook. Monitor is 15". Looks good to me. I haven't checked it out on my PC yet. Will do that and see if I don't like it on that.

No matter what though, there are always some who like change and some who don't.

I wonder if Tahoma would be more to people's liking? The plainer the text, the easier to read. (Tahoma size 3.)

Then there is Veranda. Which is pretty plain. (Veranda size 2.)

I acutally like Tahoma, my big question is who thinks up all these fonts?!

ericl
12-18-2004, 11:13 PM
You know, I don't think I 've got a single amplifier in the house thats younger than me. In fact, I just picked up a beat up but great sounding Marantz 2240b for my bedroom, replacing the HK 630 I gave to my younger bro in college.

Oh, and just to warn everyone, come Monday morning, the whole site is going to look this way. The changes were made Friday, before all the feedback. Like I said, its a work in progress, nothing is permanent.

I like tahoma and verdana. I tried verdana but I thought it was boring too. Maybe I'll try tahoma next week. Or maybe the gang will come around to Georgia!

Speaking of Georgia, go see "Ray"! My girlfriend and I just got back, it was great.

-Eric

Lara
12-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Geoff's keeping you on your toes E!

If you're really interested in fonts *typography. You can read more about it here.
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/default.mspx (http://www.microsoft.com/typography/default.mspx)

:D

MikeG
12-20-2004, 10:05 AM
My first reaction was: WTF? But this font distinguses Audio from mtbr and our other sites. I like how Eric is pushing the limits of our system's UI. Shows how flexable it can be.

Eric - You should push the limits of the vBulletin system too. Like adding user reputations and adding a more smiley faces :)