Jim Clark's Mystery Disk [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jim Clark's Mystery Disk

ForeverAutumn
12-16-2003, 08:15 AM
Well, this one shore is a mystery. :-)

I wanted something different and that's what I got. This is totally unlike anything that I would listen to if left to make my own decisions. I don't quite know what to make of it, or how to even review it. In fact, I don't think that I'm going to even try. I'll leave the reviewing to those who are better equipped to do so.

I will, however, provide my strictly emotional response to this disk. It took a few minutes, but did eventually begin to grow on me. The first few songs were a treat to my tired metal ears. I was hoping that this disk would wake my senses and it did. It reminded me that there is much more out there than I have been listening to. Even with the new bands that I am finding out about here, I still seem to be stuck in the same genres of metal, prog and singer/songwriters. I have stepped out to some alt. country disks that I've enjoyed, and Hyfi has sent me some Jazz disks that I like, but there is still so much more for me to discover. Jim's disk reminded me of that.

Now, having said all of that, I did begin to tire of it around the seventh or eighth song. And by track 10 I just wasn't even really listening any more. I will give this some more attention. It's either going to grow on me and I'll love it or it's going to end up annoying the hell out of me and I'll hate it. Either way, it's going to be an interesting journey to see where this ends up.

Thanks Jim!

FA

-Jar-
12-16-2003, 08:30 AM
I attempted to smuggle some goodies to you over the border..

has anything arrived from the land of Parma, Ohio?

:)

Jim Clark
12-16-2003, 09:09 AM
Well, this one shore is a mystery. :-)

I wanted something different and that's what I got. This is totally unlike anything that I would listen to if left to make my own decisions. I don't quite know what to make of it, or how to even review it. In fact, I don't think that I'm going to even try. I'll leave the reviewing to those who are better equipped to do so.

I will, however, provide my strictly emotional response to this disk. It took a few minutes, but did eventually begin to grow on me. The first few songs were a treat to my tired metal ears. I was hoping that this disk would wake my senses and it did. It reminded me that there is much more out there than I have been listening to. Even with the new bands that I am finding out about here, I still seem to be stuck in the same genres of metal, prog and singer/songwriters. I have stepped out to some alt. country disks that I've enjoyed, and Hyfi has sent me some Jazz disks that I like, but there is still so much more for me to discover. Jim's disk reminded me of that.

Now, having said all of that, I did begin to tire of it around the seventh or eighth song. And by track 10 I just wasn't even really listening any more. I will give this some more attention. It's either going to grow on me and I'll love it or it's going to end up annoying the hell out of me and I'll hate it. Either way, it's going to be an interesting journey to see where this ends up.

Thanks Jim!

FA

Well I'm glad it was a mystery to a couple of folks. I'll type up my wrap up in a few minutes.

jc

ForeverAutumn
12-16-2003, 10:56 AM
I attempted to smuggle some goodies to you over the border..

has anything arrived from the land of Parma, Ohio?

:)

If they had they'd have kept it for themselves. Your package arrived this morning it does look delicious indeed.

This is me thanking you very much! ===> :D (except I have more hair)