VHS-DVD Recording With DVD Recorder [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : VHS-DVD Recording With DVD Recorder

ChessieJaxFl
12-17-2004, 05:42 AM
I wonder if anyone can answer this question for me. I have been looking at a DVD-VHS combo recorders and was wondering if you are recording from VHS tape to DVD disc can you pause the DVD recording to skip commicals on the tape then resume recording on the DVD disc? If this can't be done I am going to look for a DVD recorder with a built in hard drive and do the video editing on the hard drive before I put it on DVD.

hershon
12-17-2004, 08:11 AM
I could be totally wrong here, but I think those combos only have a VCR recorder not a DVD recorder.

I wonder if anyone can answer this question for me. I have been looking at a DVD-VHS combo recorders and was wondering if you are recording from VHS tape to DVD disc can you pause the DVD recording to skip commicals on the tape then resume recording on the DVD disc? If this can't be done I am going to look for a DVD recorder with a built in hard drive and do the video editing on the hard drive before I put it on DVD.

ChessieJaxFl
12-17-2004, 09:21 AM
I could be totally wrong here, but I think those combos only have a VCR recorder not a DVD recorder.

The DVD-VHS combo recorders I've been looking at record both DVD and VHS. Sony RDR-VX500 is one for example.