warped cd??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : warped cd???

toenail
12-16-2004, 04:37 AM
Sorry for cross-posting but I've gottne zero feedback in the Digital Domain.

I recently purchased a multi format disc player and half a dozen SACD/DVD-A titles to enjoy. One of the discs has started pulsing during playback. Not sure if that's the correct term, but it sounds like someone is constantly moving the volume up and down, up and down, or more accurately, adjusting a tone control up and down. None of the other discs exhibit this behavior and I could swear that the first few times I listened to this disc the problem was not present. Any ideas?

Wireworm5
12-16-2004, 08:59 AM
I'm no expert this is just a guess. But Sacd players, at least on mine uses a different error correction method than previous players. So what you might be hearing is the player making the adjustment for errors. Its still plays the disk but your hearing volume differences. Other than that I don't know.

toenail
12-16-2004, 02:15 PM
The disc in question is a Vivaldi Four Season DVD-A. It worked flawlessly the first few times I used it and is now unlistenable. Not sure about that whole correction thing. Nothing about the disc or the information on it has physically changed (that I am aware of or can see) yet now the player is struggling to correct for accuracy? Pretty odd. I'm going to try the DD track and see if that plays the same way.