(2) Systems on a budget [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : (2) Systems on a budget

lawdog
12-15-2004, 06:55 AM
Okay, i am in the process of trying to do (2) systems in my home on a budget.
One for bedroom use and one for the living room.
Lets start with the bedroom... I currently have a 32" GE television and a Panasonic All in One SAHT-80 unit in there now which is going out with the garage sale stuff.
I am thinking of doing a flatpanel 42" EDTV and bose 3-2-1 system in here.
I know there are some bose haters here but I need something simple in the bedroom that sounds good and has dvd/cd/radio functionality and not alot of wires & cables running everywhere.

The living room is a little different... I currently have a toshiba 55inch projection in there that i am getting rid of and mostly sony equipment. The wall unit that i just purchased will hold a 60inch tv but the tv cannot have a base like most projection tv's have.
The sony equipment i have for the most part sounds fine to me except i want it to have a little extra umph which is why I am willing to upgrade it. It does have one functionality that I would like to have in the new system (which is, being able to view cd and song titles in my remote window from the 300 disc cd changer).

My total budget for all of this will be $8K and cannot exceed $10K.
I am open to all and any suggestions as i would like this sytem in place by xmas.

lawdog
12-15-2004, 06:21 PM
My head hurts from all of the "stuff" I saw today!

lawdog
12-15-2004, 06:45 PM
So far this is what I have decided on...
Bedroom
Panasonic Plasma HDTV.. I didnt get the model # but it was $2900 & the Bose 3-2-1 for $1000

Living Room
Sony 55" LCD HDTV (KDF55XS955) for $3450
Marantz SR7500 $900
NHT SB2 $360 Bookshelfs
NHT SC2 $360 Center
NHT SW12 $670 Sub

and I can use my existing Sony Progressive 5 Disc DVD, 300Disc CD Changer and Laserdisc Player.

Audioman00
12-15-2004, 08:12 PM
From the sounds of it, the main system will outright "kick butt". The Marantz receivers and NHT spkrs will compliment each other. And excellent choice on the TV, I love their HD sets for the money. As far as the bedroom, well, just don't expect the thing to crank or anything, bose does have a "unique sound" not exactly my taste, but to each his own. Very good system I'm sure. -Audioman