Can heavy bass cause ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can heavy bass cause ?

s dog
12-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Can loud and deep bass cause vibration lines in a dvd picture, Sometimes when watching a dvd with volume turned up and heavy bass hits i get some light lines across the sreen not all the time just now and then, I have the player setting on a good audio stand, it does not seen to do this with the cd player which is setting on the same stand, i have a denon1600 dvd player, just wandered what you guys think

Geoffcin
12-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Can loud and deep bass cause vibration lines in a dvd picture, Sometimes when watching a dvd with volume turned up and heavy bass hits i get some light lines across the sreen not all the time just now and then, I have the player setting on a good audio stand, it does not seen to do this with the cd player which is setting on the same stand, i have a denon1600 dvd player, just wandered what you guys think

I've caused several of my older CD players to skip during loud passages. New players oversample a lot better, and I've yet to have my new one do it.

Also; I would be careful of where your plugging your DVD player into. NEVER plug it into the receiver, as there can be severe voltage fluctuations from the recievers receptical.

This Guy
12-18-2004, 01:21 PM
yeah that happened with my old crappy 19" GE and apex dvd player which was even worse