Ray [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ray

topspeed
12-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Just saw this flick yesterday and was floored! Easily one of the best pics I've seen. Jamie Fox does an Oscar worthy performance of RC as we follow him from his early 20's to his last years. The pace of the movie belies it's 2hr. 40min lenghth and you are just entranced by one great song after another. In fact, there are so many songs intertwined into the story this movie could practically qualify as a musical! I don't want to give any of the plot away, but let's just say you realize why so many people consider him a genius, and not just in the studio; this guy could teach Trump a thing or two.

Highly recommended. If you love music, you'll love this movie and the story of a man that is truly a national treasure.

dean_martin
12-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Just saw this flick yesterday and was floored! Easily one of the best pics I've seen. Jamie Fox does an Oscar worthy performance of RC as we follow him from his early 20's to his last years. The pace of the movie belies it's 2hr. 40min lenghth and you are just entranced by one great song after another. In fact, there are so many songs intertwined into the story this movie could practically qualify as a musical! I don't want to give any of the plot away, but let's just say you realize why so many people consider him a genius, and not just in the studio; this guy could teach Trump a thing or two.

Highly recommended. If you love music, you'll love this movie and the story of a man that is truly a national treasure.

Hey Speedy,

Do you know whether Fox sings, or is he lip-synching or a little of both?

Kam
12-13-2004, 10:56 AM
saw him on inside the actors studio. There were a few places where foxx actually sang the songs himself. going to see it this week hopefully.

peace
k2

topspeed
12-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Hey Speedy,

Do you know whether Fox sings, or is he lip-synching or a little of both?
As Kam said, it's both. The first time Fox does lip sync, you can really tell because it sounds so unlike his previous songs and more like the gravelly RC we know. However, later in the movie it's revealed why he sounds so different. 'Nuff said.

Go see it Dino, I think you'll like it.

kexodusc
12-14-2004, 07:39 AM
Great, I was just waiting for someone who doesn't work for a newspaper, website, or tv station to post something positive about this movie...
My mom is a huge Ray Charles fan (and swears she's related by 7 cousins removed or something :rolleyes: love ya ma) think I won't mind taking her now.