My KLH aren't working at all. I don't know why! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My KLH aren't working at all. I don't know why!

nice_tie36
12-10-2004, 05:02 PM
I've used this forum a little bit but not much. Now this are my computer speakers that I'm talking about. We moved to our house, I got my computer all set up. Then I came home from school and my dad had taken my cambridges. I asked him why, he said that the KLH won't work on his computer. I got them hooked up on mine and they don't work either.
They aren't even a year old maybe just barely 7-9 months old. We bought them brand new too. Its all hooked up right, I have all the cables, the power light is on. They are pluged into the right spot on the computer. I've checked everything I could think of but its making me mad. They don't even work when I plug my mp3 player into them, or on any of our 3 computers, I mean they are brand new speakers, and we used them while we moved so we had music to listen too since the computers were going in the car not the truck. Please HELP me!

Pat D
12-11-2004, 04:34 AM
I've used this forum a little bit but not much. Now this are my computer speakers that I'm talking about. We moved to our house, I got my computer all set up. Then I came home from school and my dad had taken my cambridges. I asked him why, he said that the KLH won't work on his computer. I got them hooked up on mine and they don't work either.
They aren't even a year old maybe just barely 7-9 months old. We bought them brand new too. Its all hooked up right, I have all the cables, the power light is on. They are pluged into the right spot on the computer. I've checked everything I could think of but its making me mad. They don't even work when I plug my mp3 player into them, or on any of our 3 computers, I mean they are brand new speakers, and we used them while we moved so we had music to listen too since the computers were going in the car not the truck. Please HELP me!
This is basically a process of elimination. I take it that the computers produce sound with the Cambridge speakers/headphones, also that your MP3 works with other speakers/headphones. That does seem to narrow it down to the speakers.

Are the KLH speakers self-powered or are they passive?

nice_tie36
12-13-2004, 04:50 PM
They are self powered speakers. But I still keep trying and they still aren't working.

markw
12-13-2004, 05:51 PM
If you're sure you've hooked verything up correctly, then it's time to either use the warranty to get 'em fixed if it's still in effect, or move on.

Sorry, but these things DO happen.

geostott
12-13-2004, 11:03 PM
I bought a KLH receiver for a rental property I own at the Jersey shore and all the buttons stopped working on the front of the receiver. It only worked with the remote. Cheap piece of crap! It happened after 4 months. It was then I found out that there is only a 90 day warranty. If the company is only willing to stand by the product for 90 days, how good can it be? I know it was inexpensive and I didn't expect great sound, but I thought it would last longer than 4 months. Best Buy would do nothing for me.

markw
12-14-2004, 05:54 AM
I bought a KLH receiver for a rental property I own at the Jersey shore and all the buttons stopped working on the front of the receiver. It only worked with the remote. Cheap piece of crap! It happened after 4 months. It was then I found out that there is only a 90 day warranty. If the company is only willing to stand by the product for 90 days, how good can it be? I know it was inexpensive and I didn't expect great sound, but I thought it would last longer than 4 months. Best Buy would do nothing for me.She got almost two years out of it before it gave up the ghost. Best Buy HAS to sell this ultra low end stuff so that everyone, even the poorest bottom feeders alive, can buy some kind of system from them. How long it will last is another story.

She just picked up a Sherwood stereo receiver from Best Buy for the same price. I respect that name a lot more but for that price...

jeffrodesiac
12-23-2004, 08:11 AM
HEY YOU KLH SUX!