New Children's Programming... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Children's Programming...

nobody
12-10-2004, 01:25 PM
OK...maybe now I can go ahead and have kids since they've got something to watch...

<a href="http://www.pancakemountain.com/index.html">Pancake Mountain</a>

A childrens show, featuring Ian McKaye, Henry Rollins, Fiery Furnaces, Steel Pulse, and more.

Fantastic

Stone
12-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Have you seen a full episode?

Last I knew it was only showing in the DC area, but I see that now they have DVDs for sale.

nobody
12-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Nope...haven't seen a whole episode. They've got a ton of clips at the site and it looks appropriate and all. C'mon, go for it. It's gotta beat having to watch Disney with the little one.

mad rhetorik
12-10-2004, 02:45 PM
That was a good laugh. Whenever I think of Henry Rollins, I think back to photos of him performing on stage with Black Flag or Rollins Band, screaming, cussing, going nuts. To see that big, musclebound former hardcore legend in a kid's program just makes me crack up uncontrollably. Well, he's been on VH1 too, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

What's next? Tom G. Warrior on <b>Bob The Builder</b>? Lemmy Kilimeister in <b>Spongebob Squarepants</b>? Oh, wait... ; P

Actually, this show looks good. Beats anything on Saturday mornings these days.

-Jar-
12-10-2004, 03:09 PM
I'll be sure to post a review the day after Christmas :)

-jar

ForeverAutumn
12-10-2004, 07:17 PM
I'll be sure to post a review the day after Christmas :)

-jar

This looks wacky, and silly, and totally off the wall...and I want to see it!!!!!

Jar, I'll be looking forward to your review. I have a niece who's birthday is in January. Might be a good excuse for me to order it....for her....well....I guess I could watch it with her. ;)

Dusty Chalk
12-10-2004, 09:58 PM
I'm looking forward to the Henry Rollins action figures.

But daddy, they crucified him in "Johnny Mnemonic"! Why can't I crucify the Henry Rollins doll?