Opinions on the best sub-150$ towers out there? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the best sub-150$ towers out there?

Seeberg
12-10-2004, 02:27 AM
I'm wondering about what's the cream of the crop for floorstanding towers in econo-audiophile land. My plugs so far go out to the KLH 9250B, which I own at present, and the 9912(discontinued), which I owned for a week back in 2000- these speakers should be around 80% identical, with the 9250B's being more refined. Both models cost 100$ when I got them. I run them for all applications, movies, music, TV, games, etc. without any processing except for Dolby Pro Logic/Digital and DTS running in a "tone direct" bypass mode- no EQ's, DSP's, high frequency cutoffs, bass or treble boosts allowed. They are the best speakers I've heard for the money thus far. I can only imagine what the 9250B sounds like in Dolby PL-II mode!

Any opinions/plugs on this? Drop me a line!
Late.

watsons28
12-11-2004, 08:29 PM
If you have a CompUSA near you they have the Infinity Primus 250's on sale half off for $200 for the pair. They're a nice speaker for the price and I would find them hard to beat. If they are out at your local store you can see if one of their other stores will ship them in. Worth a look.

Seeberg
12-11-2004, 10:21 PM
I'll check and see, good to get more recommendations. I remember Technics selling some kind of Tower pair for around 15$ or so at Circuitcity some time ago, and I thought there was another pair from them that house a large woofer (bigger than 8") for around that price sometime later. Keep those posts coming!

Late.