Be nice if we could include music files in our post. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Be nice if we could include music files in our post.

Smokey
12-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Like .wav, .ram or Mp3 files so the readers can get a taste of type of music we are talking about, recommending or want to share. Alot of music web sites that sell music (such as Amazon) also include a snap shot of the each songs (about 30 second) on the album they are selling. I thought it might be fun if we could do that also.

Eric the administrator probably wouldn't like it too much since uploading music files to AR servers will eat up bandwidth and storage capability of servers :)

Troy
12-09-2004, 04:17 PM
No reason why you can't link to mp3's off site just like you do with the pictures.

http://www.designshed.com/toonage/creeper.mp3

ericl
12-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Eric the administrator probably wouldn't like it too much since uploading music files to AR servers will eat up bandwidth and storage capability of servers :)

You hit the nail on the head Smokey. Actually I think it would be very cool, just not practical for the reasons you mentioned. But like Troy says, you can still link to them from elsewhere.

-Eric

jack70
12-10-2004, 04:29 AM
Be nice if we could include music files in our post.
Like .wav, .ram or Mp3 files so the readers can get a taste of type of music we are talking about, recommending or want to share.

One of the reasons many frequent posters on the old version of this board visit this one far less frequently (like myself) is not only because of the turgid code wrapper this site uses (slow, even on cable)... but because many have moved on to MP3 blogs. I know I have. They're simply the next "hip" technological advancement when it comes to web based communication. Commercial sites, like this one, are almost ALWAYS behind the curve on such things, largely because the people running them tend to be (technological) idiots.

Troy
12-10-2004, 08:59 AM
because many have moved on to MP3 blogs.

Can you provide a link or 2?

Smokey
12-11-2004, 08:40 PM
After thinking about it, it might not be a good idea after all, especially for those with dial up connection (like me). Anything over 1 MB, and might as well forget about it :)

And like Troy asked....any links to MP3 blogs?