Has anyone tried YOURMUSIC.com for buying cd's? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried YOURMUSIC.com for buying cd's?

newtrix1
12-09-2004, 02:11 PM
$5.99 per single cd (shipped) is tempting. Basically it works similar to Netflix; you keep a queue of cd titles on their website, and each month they send the cd that's at the top of your list and charge your credit card $5.99 (free shipping). Oh yeah, and unlike Netflix you get to keep the cd's ;)

Downsides? Yeah...not every title is going to be available, and no brand new releases :mad: . I look at them as a replacement for the music clubs like Columbia House and BMG. YOURMUSIC.com (from what I've seen) has a better selection than the clubs, plus, I don't have to order 4 titles at one time to get the price down like with Columbia House.

So....that's basically what I know about this club, I haven't signed up yet, but it looks interesting. Anyone here have any experience with them?

http://www.yourmusic.com

Rick

Celtic Bob
12-11-2004, 05:35 AM
Interesting.
I'm going to have to look into this. Thanks
b.

newtrix1
12-11-2004, 07:11 AM
Interesting.
I'm going to have to look into this. Thanks
b.

Hey Bob,
Rick (ex-RPM) here. I wonder if there's any fine print regarding shipping zones (ie: outside of US).
I'm trying to find about 6 titles that I want which are available at YOURMUSIC, I figure that will get me thru half a year and I can see how I like the club. So far I've been a little frustrated, since I can't even get to 6 :( , I'm not giving up though, since it's such a good deal.

later,

Rick

Celtic Bob
12-11-2004, 08:26 AM
I can't see nothing there about shipping to Canada so i may be in luck. Going to look for titles later on. Got a buncha stuff todo today.
How's everything?
b.

Davey
12-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Hey Tricky Ricky! What's shakin' old buddy? Nice to see you around this dive again. Yeah, that place looks kinda like the clubs - all major label stuff with no indies. And mostly Billboard type stuff for the new releases. Cool idea - too bad they don't have a bigger selection.

newtrix1
12-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Hey Tricky Ricky! What's shakin' old buddy? Nice to see you around this dive again. Yeah, that place looks kinda like the clubs - all major label stuff with no indies. And mostly Billboard type stuff for the new releases. Cool idea - too bad they don't have a bigger selection.

Yo, wassup? Same old stuff with me, I still check up on you guys occasionally, just don’t post much anymore. I think YOURMUSIC.com has a unique approach, maybe if it catches on with the big label stuff, they’ll expand their inventory. I like the idea because it’s a cheap way to get a new cd every month, no thought process, just a fresh cd in the mail every few weeks. I’ve got three kids who are starting find an interest in music now too (bands like Switchfoot & Reliant K are big with them right now), so between me and them, I should be able to keep a steady que at YOURMUSIC.