Whatever happened to.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to....

Ryanm
12-09-2004, 08:05 AM
Whatever happened to recievers with built in alarm clocks. My cousin had a nice loud pioneer system that had a built in alarm clock. I remember staying at his house to catch a field trip with school to kings island back in the day and remember waking up to
Biz Marke's just a friend blaring nice and loud. So I'm wondering what happened to that trend? Did reciever makers just stop doing it? Or was pioneer the only one to do such?

Worf101
12-09-2004, 09:12 AM
when you find out, let a brotha know. My woman and kid can't seem to wake up for beans... Maybe some serious Funkadelic at 7:00 AM is just the reville we need.

Da Worfster :D

midfiguy
12-09-2004, 09:22 AM
It also makes you wonder, why don't they make recievers or dvd players the standards for having clocks on them? It seems like DVD have replaced VHS almost completely, yet the VCR seems to be the standard clock item when it comes to home audio/video.

Strange....

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-09-2004, 09:51 AM
when you find out, let a brotha know. My woman and kid can't seem to wake up for beans... Maybe some serious Funkadelic at 7:00 AM is just the reville we need.

Da Worfster :D

Got a tip for ya, a bowl of water, a spoon, and a pot worked just fine for me. When my bambino's had a hard time getting up, first came the spoon against the pot LOUD, with some choice words. No or slow response, lip service, or any other undesireable noise, then came the ice cold water!!

bikehikefish
12-09-2004, 10:43 AM
After the '70s the manufacturers figured "we're not into time, man".

nick4433
12-09-2004, 06:14 PM
Why DVDs do not have a clock? Simply because they do not have recording ability to do timed recordings!

Harleyx
12-12-2004, 08:39 AM
a Teac mini system. The sound is KILLER and it has an alarm.
Wake up to CD, radio..etc.

ThePhilbert
12-13-2004, 08:40 AM
You can allways get that Bose Wave Radio. :) That is if you want to spend that much money. But Hey "they" claim it will replace a whole bunch of components! ;)

Worf101
12-14-2004, 06:42 AM
Got a tip for ya, a bowl of water, a spoon, and a pot worked just fine for me. When my bambino's had a hard time getting up, first came the spoon against the pot LOUD, with some choice words. No or slow response, lip service, or any other undesireable noise, then came the ice cold water!!

Except I go straight to the cold water on a face rag with the kid. I'll keep doin that until he swings on me then I'll use something more abrupt. Cold water wouldn't help with her though...

Da Worfster :cool:

kexodusc
12-14-2004, 07:28 AM
Word of advice, Worfster...I've learned the hard way that it's just better to let a sleeping angry she-bear sleep as long as she wants.
I just wish it worked both ways when I'm parking my carcass on the couch to half-asleep through Sunday afternoons! :mad: