Retiring Yamaha 795a [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Retiring Yamaha 795a

brian_tr
12-09-2004, 12:04 AM
I guess going to have to retire my yamaha. Still shutting off. Unplugged everything from it and it still does it. Probably not worth sending it in to get fixed. I am using it in the bedroom with Paradigm: Cinema 90's speakers. My local dealer suggested a Yamaha 550. Would I be better off with something else. I really do not want to put a lot more money in it just for the bedroom.

kexodusc
12-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Brian_tr:
I think you're jumping the gun a bit early...did you even talk to a tech person? They can generally give you "some" ballpark idea about cost.
To tell you the truth, you'd be further ahead to spend $200 on repairing the 795a than $200 on the RX-V450 or 550. Aside from somewhat outdated processing, maybe, and the older front end, it's a far superior unit.

brian_tr
12-18-2004, 12:44 AM
I noticed that when I touched the volume knob the reciever would turn off. Took the board out and really did not find anything wrong. Put it back in and the reciever would not turn off by touching volume knob anymore but turned itself off a couple more times. Got mad and slam reciever down on table. Been working for a week now. Don't know for how long but maybe I will get lucky.

brian_tr
12-18-2004, 03:46 PM
Spoke to soon. Starting shutting off again today. Gave it another slam and started working again. Have tried using cold spray and poking around to isolate with no luck. Maybe will figure it out sometime.