What the "BLEEP" do we know???? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What the "BLEEP" do we know????

kcramer
12-08-2004, 12:20 PM
A friend and I went and saw this 2 hour documentary last week. Very interesting... But not a 5 star movie either. Anybody see it? What did ya think of some of the stuff they talked about??

KEXPMF
12-09-2004, 01:05 PM
I like movies that 'make you think'... therefore I liked it. The reviews are mixed. Some people love it and some hate it. At the time I went to see it, I was only aware of the positive reviews. The movie made me think a lot about the power that the mind has over the body. For that, it's worth seeing.
The silly special effects I could do without, they reminded me of seeing some educational film (trying to educate AND entertain kids) in grade school science class. But other than that, I did like the movie and have recommended it to people (not to EVERYONE but to certain people I think would appreciate it for what it is).

dean_martin
12-09-2004, 01:52 PM
A friend and I went and saw this 2 hour documentary last week. Very interesting... But not a 5 star movie either. Anybody see it? What did ya think of some of the stuff they talked about??

There's only one art house theater in my state that I'm aware of and it's about 2hrs. away and has only one screen. So, I probably won't get to see this film and probably would have never heard of it until it was realeased on dvd. But, I have no idea what the title is! Is "bleep" in the title? Or, is "bleep" kcramer's substitute for a stronger word? If so, is it the "f" word or something else? I need a clue, guys.

markw
12-09-2004, 02:22 PM
There's only one art house theater in my state that I'm aware of and it's about 2hrs. away and has only one screen. So, I probably won't get to see this film and probably would have never heard of it until it was realeased on dvd. But, I have no idea what the title is! Is "bleep" in the title? Or, is "bleep" kcramer's substitute for a stronger word? If so, is it the "f" word or something else? I need a clue, guys.I thought I was the only one who had no idea what "BLEEP" was.

Kam
12-10-2004, 09:45 PM
"bleep" is in the title. but i read somewhere that the whole thing was a little hoaxy and flat out untrue in its physics and explanations. am trying to find the article and will post it if i do, or if anyone else heard about this, lemme know, but from what i remember reading, the claims were that the makers of the film had their own agenda n pushing their religious/spiritual philosophy and did so under the guise of science, etc. again, just throwing it out there, if anyone else has heard about this, lemme know or correct me, and i'll try and find that article. side note: haven't even seen it yet myself.

peace
k2

UPDATE: here's the link to their response about the movie being a hoax. And you can look up ebert's comments on the suntimes.com website, he, among others, brought it up.

http://www.whatthebleep.com/ebert/

dean_martin
12-13-2004, 10:07 AM
"bleep" is in the title. ]

Kam - thanks for the clarification and the link. Looks like the film is something other than mindless crap (though I'm not sure what) which might make it worth seeing.

nobody
12-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Saw it this weekend and enjoyed it quite a bit. I think what is hard about the movie is that the average person, myself included, simply has no idea if the scientific aspects of the film are accurate or not. However, it does appear that they have used a fair number of highly qualified individuals to speak on the matters. Of course, once you get to a certain point in science you start to deal in theories and depending on who you ask, you will always get divergent opinions. So, of course, the filmakers spoke to those whose theoretical perspective was in agreement with their own. I'm sure there are other perspectives. Overall, a thought provoking movie that is enjoyable and may at least inspire people to ponder questions many simply ignore or to actually look deeper into the science and philosophies presented.