How about some concert DVD's worth buying? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How about some concert DVD's worth buying?

Demetrio
12-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Hi, everybody,

First of all, sorry for not posting so much at RR lately, sometimes I feel a bit lazy to have to think in English, and often a bit shy for my mistakes too :-)

After buying some really great prog DVD's lately, I am now looking for some others out of the prog world. I see that The Flaming Lips seem to have something out there and I would love to know what's their best. Also heard some good comments about Los Lobos recent dvd, and a few others too. So, what are some good concert DVD's worth buying nowadays?

For you prog aficionados, I highly recommend these awesome DVD's:

- TRANSATLANTIC - Live in Europe
- FLOWER KINGS - Meet The Flower Kings
- CAMEL - Coming of Age
- PFM - Live in Japan
- STEVE HACKETT - The Tokyo Tapes & Once Above A Time
- KAYAK - Merlin: Bard of the Unseen
- PALLAS - The Blinding Darkness
- NEAL MORSE - Testimony Live

Best regards,
Demetrio.

BarryL
12-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Hi, everybody,
Best regards,
Demetrio.

Good to see that name in lights again. Demetrio. Has a nice ring to it.

You MUST get the latest Dream Theater DVD, Live at Budakon. Killer.

Here's one I've enjoyed, but it's not for everyone.

I like the Cat Stevens DVD, Majikat, from his late 1970's tour. The man was in top form, but just couldn't rush through all of the songs fast enough. He needed to slow down the pace. Good sound, and very clear video. Plays all of his hits live.

I watched a Simply Red DVD recently and wasn't impressed, even though I really like Simply Red. Not the best selection of songs, and not very interesting to watch.

The Yes Accoustic DVD is kind of fun, but don't pay very much for it. The boys are getting old.

Actually, come to think of it, I don't watch my DVDs very often.

Celtic Bob
12-11-2004, 05:33 AM
Maybe not your cup of tea but the new HELIX dvd is excellant. It is their "30th Anniversary Concert" that took place this past July. A really great dvd and show. I am a bit biased as I am a big fan and flew halfway across Canada for this show so....
You can pick it up at www.planethelix.com , just tell Brian I sent ya.
b.

Also the new Stray Cats DVD is pretty cool as well.

ForeverAutumn
12-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Hi, everybody,

First of all, sorry for not posting so much at RR lately, sometimes I feel a bit lazy to have to think in English, and often a bit shy for my mistakes too :-)

Don't be shy. Your English is very good and your occasional mistakes are charming. ;)

Can't help you much on the DVD front. Haven't had a lot of time for DVDs lately. But we did borrow a Judas Preist DVD from my brother-in-law that ROCKED. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it was called.

richmon
12-12-2004, 09:18 AM

Ahh don't be shy- the language spoke round here is music and you're a Shakesphere at that.

One non prog DVD that's blowing me away is Bela Fleck and the Flecktones 'Live at the quick'. What a talent, imagine if jimi hendrix had played banjo and it still doesn't do it descriptive justice. At times this is almost fusion, the band is incredible, no egos. There's also this Tibetian throat singer here - where does Bela find these talents?
I'd never heard any Bela before this DVD, it made me an instant fan. This is no bluegrass concert, it's one of those unclassifiable styles.

Hope to see more of your postings amigo.

BinFrog
12-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Some good ones to check out:

Pearl Jam - Live At The Garden
Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii
Jane's Addiction - Three Days