VHS to DVD help needed [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : VHS to DVD help needed

Murph
12-07-2004, 12:07 PM
This is my first posting. Hope I'm doing it right.
Purchased a GoVideo VR4940 recently. It works great, but now want to copy some of my treasured VHS movies to DVD format. I've been told that I need to buy a stabilizer such as "DVD Red Pro" to eliminate the copyguard interference. Is this the best product for me? How should I hook it up? Do I need to hook up a second VCR?
StarDevelopmentCo already let me know that their "Video Magic/DVD" unit will not work with GoVideo products. Are there other options out there for non-PC DVD reproduction?

kelsci
12-16-2004, 08:42 AM
Murph; I just came across this device in a catalogue called FIRST STREET(www.firststreetonline.com). The stock number is WZ-3650. The item is called the GODVD! by SIMA. This would probably be the item you need to transfer VHS to DVD. It runs $130. Kelsci...

royphil345
12-19-2004, 10:34 PM
I have the older version. Works great for copying DVD or VHS to VHS. Seems the newer Pro version is required to copy VHS or DVD to DVD. The older version works with the capture card on my computer, but only after I apply a certain patch to my capture card software. If it wasn't for that, I'd need the pro version too. Kind of scary to order from them (no contact info and such), but the price is good, they tell you exactly what the unit will do, and the unit will do exactly what they tell you it will. Got mine without any problems. Think there is an e-mail address on their site. You could make sure it will work with the Go-Video. Don't see why it wouldn't with an external VCR. There are some Go Video products listed on their compatible products list. Wouldn't by a video "stabilizer" anywhere else.

You probably would need another VCR because you need a way to get the device in the video line between the VCR and DVD recorder. An extra VCR shouldn't be too hard to come up with these days. I'm sure the Go Video has audio and video inputs you could hook the VCR/DVD Red to. Would need them to hook up a camcorder etc... Don't think they'd sell too many DVD recorders without an input for recording.