Bright Treble & Crisp Sound Bookshelf [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bright Treble & Crisp Sound Bookshelf

SAPSEC
12-07-2004, 09:30 AM
Hi :

I want to look for super bright treble, crisp, and detail sound for my bookshelf speakers ?
There are BW, KEF, JM Lab, Klipsch. Any idea of which branch I have to choose ?

Thanks,

Andy

topspeed
12-07-2004, 10:54 AM
You do realize that a really aggressive speaker like that is going to be terribly fatiguing after a short period of time, right? But hey, they're your ears...

Of the one you've listed, the Klipsch will likely come through as having the most prominent treble. You might also listen to Paradigm's Monitor series, Axiom (internet direct), NHT, and Monitor Audio. Speakers are very subjective so what may be bright to me may not be to you.

Good luck and buy some aspirin. You're going to need it.

kexodusc
12-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Hmmm, don't think I'd lump my Axiom M3Ti's in the bright category...well, at least not compared to my old Mini Monitors...they're certainly not fatiguing...they're a funny speaker to describe though.
I wouldn't dare go much brighter than Paradigm or Klipsch, they go about as "detailed" as you can get without sounding scratchy and harsh.

Could ask WHY you are targeting such a speaker?

Dharris
12-07-2004, 12:07 PM
I found the Energy speakers to be very brite. The models just above the take two.

midfiguy
12-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Have to disagree with topspeed (about aspirin). Like he said, everyone has a different preference. I think you'll be quite happy with Klipsch, from what I gather based on your requirements. Soem of the less expensive ones don't have a great soundstage (like my Klipsch KSF8.5s), but their reference line is much better than their Synergy line. Due to the horn, the highs are crystal clear. I don't find their speakers fatiguing at all, but every listener is different.

There are better speakers out there (I like my Nautilus 805s much better) but the highs you're looking for is something you'll find in Klipsch speakers.

topspeed
12-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Right after I clicked "Post Reply," I seriously considered deleting my entire post. This topic smacks of trolling. Really, how can anybody answer the question without starting a flame war with someone else?

theaudiohobby
12-08-2004, 12:35 AM
Right after I clicked "Post Reply," I seriously considered deleting my entire post. This topic smacks of trolling. Really, how can anybody answer the question without starting a flame war with someone else?

of course, it's a troll..you can smell it.. ;)