BW DM-303 No Magnetic Shielding [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : BW DM-303 No Magnetic Shielding

SAPSEC
12-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Folks :

I am about to buy BW DM-303 for my home theatre. I read many reviews and it says BW DM-303 are not magnetically shielded ! In this case, will the picture on my TV be distorted if I place these speakers next to my TV ?

I would like to listen to crisp and very bright treble & clear sound. Should I go with BW DM-303 or you guys could suggest other brands ? Thanks

Andy

RGA
12-06-2004, 10:19 PM
How close are you going to put the speakers - my Wharfedales are not magnetically shielded and they have massive 20lb+ woofer magnets - I have them less than a foot from the tv - never had any problems - I also had the DM 302 near the tv and never had problems.

I think it's more of a concern for people who use center channels and place them ON the tv which could pull the colour guns of the tv. most tv's have a degausing feature to alleviate these problems - so if you place the speakers a foot away you really should not have a problem.

theaudiohobby
12-07-2004, 01:59 AM
If you are considering the DM303, then you will do well to look at the Kef Q1, which is a considerably better speaker in many ways, its wide dispersion alone makes it a superior home theatre speaker, and it is also magnetically sheilded.