Prog-Fusion Album of the Year... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Prog-Fusion Album of the Year...

BarryL
12-06-2004, 01:31 PM
If you like prog, and you like jazz-fusion, then the album of the year is...

Jordan Rudess's Rhythm of Time. This album is absolutely killer. Hang on to your hats as Rudess outdoes everybody who think's they're a keyboard hot shot. I can't describe this album except to say that it makes his previous solo release look like a practice session. This is a must-have for all Dream Theater fans, and fans of Return to Forever and especially Frank Zappa fans. Lots of zany Zappa overtones at times. This one is over the top is a good way.

Guys, be forewarned...your wives are gonna hate it!

Send one to Yech for Christmas.. Baaahahahaaaahhahahahahhhhh!

Finch Platte
12-06-2004, 02:57 PM
If you like prog, and you like jazz-fusion, then the album of the year is...

Jordan Rudess's Rhythm of Time. This album is absolutely killer. Hang on to your hats as Rudess outdoes everybody who think's they're a keyboard hot shot. I can't describe this album except to say that it makes his previous solo release look like a practice session. This is a must-have for all Dream Theater fans, and fans of Return to Forever and especially Frank Zappa fans. Lots of zany Zappa overtones at times. This one is over the top is a good way.

Guys, be forewarned...your wives are gonna hate it!

Send one to Yech for Christmas.. Baaahahahaaaahhahahahahhhhh!

I found it online @ Tower.com, and when I looked at Djangos.com, I found these very interesting tidbits of info: Jordan Rudess has the distinction of taking classical piano training at the Juilliard School of Music at nine years old. Rudess has played with Steve Morse, both in his solo career and in Dixie Dregs. He has also recorded with David Bowie, Annie Haslam, and Vinnie Moore. He and fellow Dregs man Rod Morgenstein have a side project called the Rudess Morgensein (sic) Project. He is a member of the progressive rock supergroup Liquid Tension Experiment and also the third keyboardist for Dream Theater. ~ Gary Hill, All Music Guide

I wouldn't mind hearing that disc, being a big Dregs fan. Unfortunately, Djangos didn't have it. I'll give it a better search here in a bit.

Thanks,

fp

fp

Troy
12-06-2004, 04:50 PM
I'll be looking for it. Thanks.

I've been looking for tehe Rudess Morganstern Project disc for YEARS.

didn't he play with Alice Cooper's band for a while too?

Finch Platte
12-06-2004, 05:29 PM
I've been looking for tehe Rudess Morganstern Project disc for YEARS.

...you haven't been looking very hard.

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/product.asp?dept%5Fid=2134&pf%5Fid=JUCD07&band%5Fid=633&sfid=2

fp

Troy
12-07-2004, 08:57 AM
...you haven't been looking very hard.

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/product.asp?dept%5Fid=2134&pf%5Fid=JUCD07&band%5Fid=633&sfid=2

fp

Welllllll, not online, man.

Thanks.

Dave_G
12-07-2004, 10:41 AM
I thought Finchie-poo was going to 86 his computer and get offline?

Guess he can't stand being out of touch, eh?

Dave

Finch Platte
12-07-2004, 06:10 PM
I thought Finchie-poo was going to 86 his computer and get offline?

Guess he can't stand being out of touch, eh?

Dave

But after 10 minutes, I gave up.

Plus I missed the damn popups in this room. Like, who's ever gonna buy a set of those speakers after being annoyed by the popups for so long? :rolleyes:

fp

Troy
12-07-2004, 06:27 PM
I haven't seen a pop up here . . . ever. Don't you run a blocker?