How to connect Marantz receiver + Marantz Amp + Equalizer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How to connect Marantz receiver + Marantz Amp + Equalizer

Fabio Pereira
12-06-2004, 11:28 AM
:confused:

Hello
This is my first post to this forum and I sincerely hope to find my answer here from you Audio experts. here is:
I have:

Marantz Receiver 2226b (w/ pre-out , main-in jacks also tape monitor)
Marantz Console Amp 1060 (w/ pre-out , main-in jacks also tape monitor)
Marantz 5420 Tape Deck
Marantz 5010b Tape Deck
Marantz LV520 LD CD Player
Numark Turntable
Tarkus (brazilian) Semi-Professional Equalizer (able to connect 2 tape decks)

My question is: How to connect those equip in order to get the best sound ?

You can reach me at : fabiog@unisys.com.br

Resident Loser
12-06-2004, 11:50 AM
...is to follow the directions in your owners manuals, assuming you have them. There may be warnings/advice that they will give you for your specifig gear...It's a good practice to use those manuals to familiarize yourself with the equipment you own just on general principles...any advice you get here will be general and non-specific in nature, so there is a chance for damage(however remote) Here goes:

Connect your TT to "phono-in"...again. if you have one...if not you will need a phono pre-amp to boost and equalize the output of your TTs cartridge...the connect to an "aux" or any unused line-level input...assuming there is a "phono-in"(which I now understand after checking the web there is) the CDP can be connected to that "aux"...

Connect your two tape decks to the equalizer...it's up to you which you want to be "tape1" or "tape2"...then connect the equalizer to the receiver's "tape mon" and "tape out" jacks...

I'm not sure what a "console amp" is...never heard the term...but I'll do some research to see how we can incorporate it into the system...if at all...

This should be enough to get you started...meanwhile get those owners manuals out and start reading...

jimHJJ(...be back...)

Resident Loser
12-06-2004, 12:10 PM
...and some older gear...I'll hazard a guess there are no manuals to look at...

Anyway, as I earlier suggested, those connections will get you up and running, now for the integrated...not much diff power-wise between the receiver and the integrated(26Wpc vs. 30)...in a stereo system it's not really required, however if you to plan on using it for rear channels or another room, you could feed the remaining "tape out" from the receiver to the "aux" of the integrated...that will give you volume and tone controls in a "rear channel"/ "zone two" set-up...if you plan to bi-amp your front speakers, you can by-pass the vol and tone controls and wire directly to the integrated's "power-in" jacks...many possible connections, it all depends on your plans...you could even build a second, independent system around it...all depends...

jimHJJ(...good luck...)

Fabio Pereira
12-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Many many thanks
You gave me a great idea. I have those equip in a small home-office , transformed from a not used employees room [far way from living room] and maybe I can use the Integraded piece together with a Wireless 2.4ghz Audio/Video Communicator by Wavecom and setup speakers in the Living Room, am I going crazy or it sounds fair?

fabio

...and some older gear...I'll hazard a guess there are no manuals to look at...

Anyway, as I earlier suggested, those connections will get you up and running, now for the integrated...not much diff power-wise between the receiver and the integrated(26Wpc vs. 30)...in a stereo system it's not really required, however if you to plan on using it for rear channels or another room, you could feed the remaining "tape out" from the receiver to the "aux" of the integrated...that will give you volume and tone controls in a "rear channel"/ "zone two" set-up...if you plan to bi-amp your front speakers, you can by-pass the vol and tone controls and wire directly to the integrated's "power-in" jacks...many possible connections, it all depends on your plans...you could even build a second, independent system around it...all depends...

jimHJJ(...good luck...)