BCS=BS. Who got screwed worse? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : BCS=BS. Who got screwed worse?

topspeed
12-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Auburn or Cal?

My Trojans are in the Orange Bowl (already got my tix and flight :D) so at least I'm not as po'd as last year's disgrace. Still, there are some very good teams that are being left out.

Personally, I think Cal is the second best team in the nation and they got rook'd by not being able to play in the Rose Bowl where they would kill Michigan. Texas is a good team, no doubt, but they still aren't as balanced as Cal. Wouldn't you rather see a Cal-Michigan Rose Bowl vs. a Texas-Michigan? Whatever happened to tradition? Is it right that teams such as Cal should have to run up the score just to impress voters enough to keep their spot in the BCS?!

Auburn has a semi-legitimate beef, although they fail to recognize they did it to themselves. I don't buy the argument that because they won the SEC they should get a shot at the title. That's idiotic and clearly geographically biased. They shouldn't have loaded their schedule with the Louisana-Monroe's and Golden State Business College's of the world. You want a shot at the title? Play real teams!

The final loser IMO is the fans. I truly believe the real fans would like to see a Pac 10/Big 10 match-up in the Rose. I also think that Pittsburg has absolutely no right to be in a big time BCS game even though they won the pathetic Big East.

Here's what I'd like to see:
USC vs. Oklahoma
Auburn vs. Utah
Boise St. vs. Louisville
Cal vs. Michigan

What say you?

dean_martin
12-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Auburn or Cal?

My Trojans are in the Orange Bowl (already got my tix and flight :D) so at least I'm not as po'd as last year's disgrace. Still, there are some very good teams that are being left out.

Personally, I think Cal is the second best team in the nation and they got rook'd by not being able to play in the Rose Bowl where they would kill Michigan. Texas is a good team, no doubt, but they still aren't as balanced as Cal. Wouldn't you rather see a Cal-Michigan Rose Bowl vs. a Texas-Michigan? Whatever happened to tradition? Is it right that teams such as Cal should have to run up the score just to impress voters enough to keep their spot in the BCS?!

Auburn has a semi-legitimate beef, although they fail to recognize they did it to themselves. I don't buy the argument that because they won the SEC they should get a shot at the title. That's idiotic and clearly geographically biased. They shouldn't have loaded their schedule with the Louisana-Monroe's and Golden State Business College's of the world. You want a shot at the title? Play real teams!

The final loser IMO is the fans. I truly believe the real fans would like to see a Pac 10/Big 10 match-up in the Rose. I also think that Pittsburg has absolutely no right to be in a big time BCS game even though they won the pathetic Big East.

Here's what I'd like to see:
USC vs. Oklahoma
Auburn vs. Utah
Boise St. vs. Louisville
Cal vs. Michigan

What say you?

Speedy,

Your matchups would make for some entertaining games. I might put Texas in the mix somewhere. Regardless, deserving teams get left out because of the automatic bids. I think this year demonstrates the need for a "play-in" game rather than an "and-one" after the bowls. The "play-in" game might eliminate a mediocre conference champ like Pitt (Va. Tech, too) and give teams like Louisville and Boise St. a chance. The BCS can't continue like it is now that one of the automatic bid conferences is no better than the MAC and others.

Here's what mine would look like within the confines of the present system (each of the major conf champs is guaranteed participation) but with a play-in game:

USC vs. OK
Auburn vs. Texas (theoretically, I would have Cal over TX and in this spot vs. Auburn, but flexibility would allow for the PAC10/Big10 matchup below)
Cal vs. Mich
Utah vs. the Va. Tech/Pitt winner

This scenario isn't as fan-friendly as yours. It's still weighed heavily in favor of the major conferences, but it's better than what we have. It's possible that a "play-in" game wouldn't be necessary in some years. It's also possible that only one or no team in the play-in would be a conf champ depending on final standings.

I was surprised that Cal didn't get the nod for the Rose. My guess is that Mack Brown's lobbying had a lot to do with it. (BTW, So. Miss. was a top-25 team, but went through a slump when their starting QB went down for several games.)

Finally, as an Alabama fan, I find it amusing that Auburn will finish second at best. The last time they went undefeated, they were on probation. Their non-conference schedule did hurt them, but what also hurt them was their preseason ranking. Their ranking was low because they didn't meet expectations last year when everyone had them #1 to begin the season. Programs with inferiority complexes can't deal with expectations, accolades, success, etc.

topspeed
12-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Programs with inferiority complexes can't deal with expectations, accolades, success, etc.LOL! Nice backhanded complement Dino!

Woochifer
12-06-2004, 06:17 PM
ts -

Begrudging congrats are due from this old Bruin :D I'm looking forward to the rematch next year (unlike the past three seasons)!

On the question, I would obviously say that Cal got screwed big time, and more so than Auburn. And I say this not just because Cal's my other alma mater and I work a couple of blocks from the campus, AND especially not because I have an ex-girlfriend who went to Texas!

Auburn does have a legitimate gripe, but they've been planted behind several other undefeated teams all season long. It's not like they did anything during the season that warranted bumping off any of the remaining teams in front of them. They went into the weekend stuck at #3, and they left the weekend exactly where they started, and that's where they belong. Does Auburn deserve a shot at the national title? Obviously they do. But, are they going to get one at the expense of either team ahead of them. No way.

Cal got screwed because they are simply a better team than Texas at this stage in the season. For some of these voters to flip flop Cal and Texas is inexcusable. I know that some of the writers mention that Cal did not look as impressive against So Miss as they should have, but is that any different than Texas' near pratfall against KU (a MUCH worse team than So Miss) a few weeks ago? Otherwise, Cal's closecall against a decent Oregon team, and that loss to the Trojans that went down to the final minute, are really the only blemishes on their season.

I think this was regional bloc voting because I read that Cal actually gained in the computer polls. I'd be very curious to see how Cal's ranking changed among some individual pollsters, and see if geography had anything to do with that. I'd also be curious as to how many of these pollsters would favor Texas against Cal in a straight up match up.

Basically, this BCS scenario screwed the entire Pac-10, including my Bruins, who would have had a nice matchup against Notre Dame.

Anyway, hope you have a great time down in Miami! Can't say that I wish you team all the best, though I'm sure that my even older Trojan dad would have a somewhat different sentiment! :)

dean_martin
12-07-2004, 08:29 AM
Boise St. vs. Louisville

Although not a BCS bowl, these 2 will face off in the Liberty Bowl Dec. 31. Should be a barn burner!

Another matchup that should result in lots of scoring is Memphis vs. Bowling Green in the GMAC Bowl in nearby Mobile, AL. This bowl has consistently provided thrillers since its inception.

topspeed
12-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Wait, Wait, Wait...

Wooch, your dad is a Trojan and he let you go to UCLA?!?

WTH???

If my kids told me they wanted to go to either UCLA or Notre Dame I'd say, "Fine. Pay your own way." :p

That was an, um...interesting?...game last weekend. My boys looked horrible and yours played way above their head. At least we found our run defense again but man, I haven't seen our special teams and offense that out of rhythm since Carroll and Chow landed in Troy. Kudos to your defense coordinator. Thank goodness we have a month to get prepared for White and Peterson. On paper, this looks like a helluva game with the two team's stats nearly identical.

I firmly believe there was regional bias involved in Cal's bump from the Rose Bowl. While I'm sure there is some small part of you that is smiling because of this (your ex is fuming right now), the Bears really did get the shaft.

Woochifer
12-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Wait, Wait, Wait...

WTH???

If my kids told me they wanted to go to either UCLA or Notre Dame I'd say, "Fine. Pay your own way." :p

Funny, that's what my dad told me about paying to attend SC! When he was there, he managed to pay his own way by working as a busboy at Lawry's steakhouse and as a short order cook at the old Mid-City bowling alley -- costs have obviously escalated such that a student can't do that anymore! Pretty much the only private schools he would have helped pay for would have been the Ivies. Since I had no interest and UCLA was my first choice to begin with, I took the short drive down the 405 to Westwood. Keep in mind that my dad attended SC as a grad student, so his roots don't go quite as deep. Even so, he still roots for them in football.

That was an, um...interesting?...game last weekend. My boys looked horrible and yours played way above their head. At least we found our run defense again but man, I haven't seen our special teams and offense that out of rhythm since Carroll and Chow landed in Troy. Kudos to your defense coordinator. Thank goodness we have a month to get prepared for White and Peterson. On paper, this looks like a helluva game with the two team's stats nearly identical.

I think Dorrell's turned the program around, and what you saw on Saturday was basically a very young team starting to play up to its potential, especially the D-line. I actually thought that the running game would have some success since SC's had some trouble with bigger backs like Manuel White. Turned out that the passing game created openings all day, and if Drew Olson didn't keep throwing behind the receivers, who knows how much more damage our offense could have done.

To me the most shocking part of the game was the defense playing as well as they did, especially against the run (those two long Bush runs not withstanding) and on third down. Keep in mind that Larry Kerr (our DC) ran the defense at Colorado State when Norm Chow ran the offense at BYU, so the two used to lock up every year. And it doesn't hurt that we had three weeks to prepare. For the Orange Bowl, you guys had better hope that this isn't like the Rams' last Super Bowl appearance where the Pats created a blueprint for everybody else to use against a previously unstoppable offense. With OU's more experienced defensive personnel, there's a lot less room for error if OU has similar success at disrupting the offense. Then again, I don't think ANYBODY has a scheme that can contain Reggie Bush. He was really the x-factor that decided the game. I would also bring up those very questionable calls by the officials, but in all fairness, a team bidding for an upset as a 24-point underdog needs to play beyond all margin of doubt and we didn't quite get it done this year.

The Orange Bowl does look like a great matchup, and hope it's a good game.

I firmly believe there was regional bias involved in Cal's bump from the Rose Bowl. While I'm sure there is some small part of you that is smiling because of this (your ex is fuming right now), the Bears really did get the shaft.

Not sure what my ex would think of this whole scenario! She despises OU (she was at Texas during the Barry Switzer heyday), but is probably okay with the Rose Bowl since they did beat A&M this year. I went to grad school at Cal, so I do root for the Bears when they're not playing my Bruins. Actually, I got a wry smile, partly because of how many of my Cal brethren were actually rooting for SC over the weekend! All this after all the trash talk that the Cal players and fans batted around in the lead up to the showdown against SC, and after all the historical animosity that's built up over the years. I guess there might be some karma at work here, even though I think Texas in no way deserves to play in the Rose Bowl.

Justlisten2
12-07-2004, 04:25 PM
topspeed, I think you give a little too much creedence to the PAC 10, which I thought was a relatively weak conference this year. I like USC, and I felt they possibly were the best team in the country last year (when the PAC 10 was stronger). I am a Penn State fan (stop laughing), so I feel I am fairly unbiased. I do think Auburn is getting screwed. Yes their non-league schedule was easy, but the SEC is the toughest conference in the country this year. They did have to beat Tennessee twice because of the SEC Chanmpionship (I wonder if USC could've beaten Cal again if there were a PAC-10 championship). Beating a team twice in one year is very difficult. Auburn had 4 wins over top 20 teams this year, that's more than USC (2) and Oklahoma (1) put together. Once again the BCS is a sham.
To call Cal the second best team in the nation is just totally blind. Hell, USC may be the second best team in the country (behind Auburn). I think USC/Oklahoma will be a great matchup. White/Leinart, Bush/Peterson, it should be a classic. I can't say that Auburn doesn't deserve to be there anymore than I could have said that USC didn't deserve a shot last year. The system sucks, we need a playoff system, badly. Yes, Cal did get screwed, but not as bad as Auburn, IHMO.

I'd like to see:

USC/Oklahoma
Auburn/ Cal (I do think Cal is better than Utah)

The two winners play each other the following week. Otherwise, I'd like to see a split national champion, just like last year. Have a split champion every year until the NCAA has the balls to fix the stupid system.

As for the other games, I'd like to see Utah play Louisville. Louisville is much better than people realize (just like Utah). Louisville could have been in Utah's spot if not for a last second lost to Miami (in which the starting QB was out the whole second half, injured).

Lastly, I guess I can settle for Texas/Michigan. Cal would have been a more traditional pick to face Michigan, but I feel Cal would have won fairly easily. Texas/Michigan would probably make a better game.

Sorry, Pitt, you're OUT!!!! :D

topspeed
12-07-2004, 11:22 PM
For the Orange Bowl, you guys had better hope that this isn't like the Rams' last Super Bowl appearance where the Pats created a blueprint for everybody else to use against a previously unstoppable offense. With OU's more experienced defensive personnel, there's a lot less room for error if OU has similar success at disrupting the offense. Then again, I don't think ANYBODY has a scheme that can contain Reggie Bush. He was really the x-factor that decided the game.
While I do agree your defense, in particular your front four, disrupted our offensive rhythm, I also haven't seen this many dropped balls by our receivers since the beginning of the season. I don't know if it was jitters or what, but Smith and Jarrett could hold on to anything! I'm concerned that their youth (true soph and freshman, respectively) will freak them out once we get to the big game. Man, we could really use Mike Williams right about now!

BTW, I was in The City during the SC/Cal game when I surprised my wife for her birthday. I had to duck into a bar now and again to catch the score until we had lunch at Tarantino's and I could see the game from the bar. Decked out in a SC polo and cap, I half expected to catch some ribbing here and there but instead found the city packed with Trojan fans! I can't tell you how many people asked me for info on the game while we were out and about.

Justlisten2:
I don't give too much creedence to the Pac 10 (I'll be the first to admit they sucked), I'm just not bowing down to the all-mighty SEC. That jackass Trev Albert keeps crowing about how any team that wins the SEC should get an automatic berth in the title game. Good thing there's not regional bias behind that logic :rolleyes:.

We do agree on a couple of things: SC was better last year and the system is dismal. What in the world is Pitt doing in a BCS game while Cal is left out?? I'm all for a playoff system. If we had one, SC would probably be playing for it's THIRD straight title. The Carson Palmer led '02 team was peaking just at the right time and we were steamrolling all comers.

FWIW, I'm actually pretty excited to see Louisville play Boise State. That's going to be a fun one to watch.

Woochifer
12-08-2004, 11:47 AM
While I do agree your defense, in particular your front four, disrupted our offensive rhythm, I also haven't seen this many dropped balls by our receivers since the beginning of the season. I don't know if it was jitters or what, but Smith and Jarrett could hold on to anything! I'm concerned that their youth (true soph and freshman, respectively) will freak them out once we get to the big game. Man, we could really use Mike Williams right about now!

Big games like this can do VERY funny things to young men in that big spotlight for the first time. Some of them play beyond anything they've ever shown before, while others go cold at the worst possible times. My first year, I roomed with a couple of footballers who came to UCLA from out of state, and they had no idea what the rivalry was about until the week leading up to the game gave them a hint of what they would get once they walked onto the field.

Actually, all season I thought you guys didn't look as unstoppable as last year. Mike Williams going out hurt a lot, and losing Smith for a stretch didn't help. I think a lot of opportunities get created despite these shortcomings because Reggie Bush now commands so much attention from defenses. I think our defense didn't really sell out to stop Bush, and that's why they disrupted your offense, especially on third down, ... and gave up those two long running plays.

BTW, I was in The City during the SC/Cal game when I surprised my wife for her birthday. I had to duck into a bar now and again to catch the score until we had lunch at Tarantino's and I could see the game from the bar. Decked out in a SC polo and cap, I half expected to catch some ribbing here and there but instead found the city packed with Trojan fans! I can't tell you how many people asked me for info on the game while we were out and about.

Both schools have pretty active alumni chapters in the Bay Area, and a lot of alums living in the area. I was in charge of the alumni scholarship committee in SF, and by chance one of my regular dance partners turned out to be my counterpart on the SC side. Travel over to the East Bay and you'll probably find the reception considerably chillier!

There are pretty healthy contingents from a lot of other schools in the city. In a way, it's a lot like a northeast city where you get alums from all over the country. When I traveled to DC a couple of months ago, I saw Bruins all over Georgetown, and hooked up with big contingent of them for a game viewing party (that bar also had large groups from Florida State, Nebraska, and North Dakota State [?!]).

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Wait, Wait, Wait...

WTH???
I.

Wooch, I knew there was something about your Dad I liked, I am a Trojan too!. So you went to that other school eh?. Well I think I will take my payback out on ya. I had about a gallon of beer thrown on me by a nice little Bruin after a USC/UCLA game. I promised If I ever saw the guy again, I would administer justice ghetto style. Are you up to being pummeled to death, and then enjoy a good beer afterwards?

I am glad USC has won anything in football. The fours years I went there the only thing they won was behind door three on the price is right!

Woochifer
12-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Wooch, I knew there was something about your Dad I liked, I am a Trojan too!. So you went to that other school eh?. Well I think I will take my payback out on ya. I had about a gallon of beer thrown on me by a nice little Bruin after a USC/UCLA game. I promised If I ever saw the guy again, I would administer justice ghetto style. Are you up to being pummeled to death, and then enjoy a good beer afterwards?

Yet another Trojan -- my dad used to tell me that I needed to exercise better judgment in picking my friends! I guess I never learned! hehehe

Yeah, a few things in my dad's grand plan for me went awry! I registered as a Democrat, decided not to become a doctor or an engineer, stayed single through my mid-30s, and lived in a neighborhood with lots of long-haired guys who mutter under their breath (you've been thru Haight-Ashbury, so you know what I'm talking about)! Going to SC wasn't what he had in mind for me either, but then again, he didn't exactly look disappointed or horrified when I got that letter of admission from UCLA -- he actually seemed proud! (Parents are supposed to want their kids to do better, so I guess there's some truth to that! :) )

As for administering some ghetto cheer, bring it on! You might be surprised at what rubs off on a guy who roomed with a couple of offensive linemen and studied with the linebacking corps. After you realize the futility of administering justice by proxy, THEN how 'bout we go over to that old coffee shop at the Mid-City bowling alley. Maybe my dad's surprise stew is still the daily special after fortysomeodd years! Trust me, it's to die for!

Sorry about the beer shower old buddy, but you HAD do have done SOMETHING to deserve it, right? hehehe :) But, just to prove what kind of a gracious guy I can be, here's a bit of an extended olive branch fer 'ya!

http://www.uclalumni.net/info/holiday2004/home.htm

topspeed
12-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Wooch, I knew there was something about your Dad I liked, I am a Trojan too!.
Sir TT, you're also a man of Troy? I knew there was a reason I liked your posts. To think, all this time I thought it was for your epic battles with TLADINY/Lex (whatever happened to that guy?). Based on your description of our teams you must have been there during the '90's, otherwise known as the "Dark Ages." When I was there in the late '80's, we went to 3 Rose Bowls (this is pre-BCS) and reveled in sending Bo Schembechler into retirement with a humbling loss.

Ahh, good times :D!

Of course, we never could get past Lou Holtz's Fighting Irish :mad:. Believe me, I'm enjoying every second of our annual humiliation of that team now.

12-10-2004, 02:44 PM
Sir TT, you're also a man of Troy? I knew there was a reason I liked your posts. To think, all this time I thought it was for your epic battles with TLADINY/Lex (whatever happened to that guy?). Based on your description of our teams you must have been there during the '90's, otherwise known as the "Dark Ages." When I was there in the late '80's, we went to 3 Rose Bowls (this is pre-BCS) and reveled in sending Bo Schembechler into retirement with a humbling loss.

Ahh, good times :D!

Of course, we never could get past Lou Holtz's Fighting Irish :mad:. Believe me, I'm enjoying every second of our annual humiliation of that team now.

I was at SC in the early 90's, and it was indeed the dark ages. I was never so humiliated as when UCLA kicked our butts. I was dejected because we lost, then got beer thrown on me, so I was dejected and smelly. A couple of co-workers who were in the sound department at Paramount(where I was working at the time) were also UCLA students ragged on me for weeks after the game. Those were some dark days......sigh.

Now comes the fun part, what happen to TLADINY/Lexmark3200. Well, I was waiting for a flight to New Yawk(going home to check out my peeps) and just happened to be surfing on my laptop when I stumble across this website Hometheaterdiscussion.com. On that website I caught this review of a movie I worked on(Hunt for Red October). In this review, the reviewer mentions something about distortion on the soundtrack, and that it is weak sounding. I own not only a studio master DVD of this soundtrack, but I also own the exact DVD he was reviewing(the Collector edition with the Dts soundtrack). So I register on this website, and asked the reviewer(DJ Scotty is his name) exactly where does this distortion show up. So guess who DJ Scotty is? You are damn skippy its Lexmark/TLADINY. He recognizes my name from here, and proceeds to go on a cussing, fussing fit. Once again I ask him where is the distortion never calling him names, or even the slightest disparaging remark. His still won't answer the question, so I upload a frequency/amplitude plot of the loudest scenes in the movie taken from the DVD using sound forge. Not one peak comes even close to 0db reference(loudest digital signal that can be recorded), and there is no rounding or flattening of the signal anywhere. Well, he was just humiliated and angry as hell and just kept spitting out the filthy words. Finally the site administrator steps in, chastises DJ Scotty for his filthy language, and deletes the entire thread. He accuses me of chasing him away from here, and trying to besmerch his reputation on the other site and chase him away from there too. Classic Lexmark stuff.

topspeed
12-10-2004, 09:01 PM
BWAAAHAAAHAAHAHA!!!

T-man, that is just too damn funny! That guy had to either be in high school or still had the mental capacity of one. Actually, that might be too insulting for some of our high school board members like Joey. Classic stuff, I wish you would have saved it for our amusement.

Justlisten2
12-12-2004, 08:30 PM
....for winng the Heisman. A valid choice. However, I think this makes me move my money over to Oklahoma. Historically the Heisman winner has trouble in the bowl game (too many dinner circuits?), and I think White and AP will have an ax to grind. ;)

topspeed
12-13-2004, 01:20 PM
....for winng the Heisman. A valid choice. However, I think this makes me move my money over to Oklahoma. Historically the Heisman winner has trouble in the bowl game (too many dinner circuits?), and I think White and AP will have an ax to grind. ;)Yeah, no doubt. It's not like they didn't have a huge target painted on them already being #1 ranked. Still, Carson Palmer threw for over 300 yards in the Orange Bowl after his Heisman so who knows? Maybe Matt can do the same thing?

Thankfully, Chow didn't get picked for the Stanford job so maybe we can hold on to him a bit longer. Yes, that's selfish as hell, but Norm Chow is a genius. Losing him would hurt almost as bad as losing Carroll.

Justlisten2
12-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Thankfully, Chow didn't get picked for the Stanford job so maybe we can hold on to him a bit longer. Yes, that's selfish as hell, but Norm Chow is a genius. Losing him would hurt almost as bad as losing Carroll.

I totally agree, Chow is a genius. I'd like him to take JoePa's place, please??!! ;)

12-13-2004, 05:16 PM
BWAAAHAAAHAAHAHA!!!

T-man, that is just too damn funny! That guy had to either be in high school or still had the mental capacity of one. Actually, that might be too insulting for some of our high school board members like Joey. Classic stuff, I wish you would have saved it for our amusement.

I wish I had too, I never laughed so hard in all of my life when I read all of the cussing and fussing he posted. What he is doing over there is trying to be a big time movie reviewer like DVDfile, or DVDtalk. I explain to him that if that is what he is trying to do, then he would have to be a whole lot more educated on the technology of film, as well as the content. I mean, how serious do you want me to take your reviews when you don't even know the basics of the DVD platform? Well, boy did that piss him off, and what is so funny is I made him mad over and over again, without even addressing him directly. I referred to him as said reviewer.

Justlisten2
12-30-2004, 08:50 PM
;)
Auburn or Cal?

Personally, I think Cal is the second best team in the nation and they got rook'd by not being able to play in the Rose Bowl where they would kill Michigan.

To call Cal the second best team in the nation is just totally blind.

Looks like Cal is overated. They couldn't even kill Texas Tech, let alone Michigan.
PAC-10 conference was not very strong this year. :(

Justlisten2
01-04-2005, 09:34 PM
What a stomping by USC!! What a horrible game!! I say no more Oklahoma in the Championship game! They are the Buffalo Bills of the BCS!! :rolleyes:

My vote for best finish:

Iowa 30 LSU 25

My vote for best game:

Texas 38 Michigan 37

Honorable mention:

Louisville 44 Boise State 40

Most Valuble Player (MVP):

Vince Young Texas

Some great moments, some bad moments. Great season, now I get depressed as there is no more college football for awhile.

Congrats to your Trojans! Now if only my Nittany Lions can find their way back into a bowl game. :rolleyes:

shokhead
01-05-2005, 06:57 AM
Maybe if OSU would have talked less BS,they might have held USC to under 50. USC baby. Utah or Auburn and USC might have been better.

topspeed
01-06-2005, 11:46 PM
What a stomping by USC!! What a horrible game!! I say no more Oklahoma in the Championship game! They are the Buffalo Bills of the BCS!! :rolleyes:

Congrats to your Trojans! Now if only my Nittany Lions can find their way back into a bowl game. :rolleyes:

Thanks Justlisten.

What a game! Of all the bowl games I've followed my Trojans to, I've never experienced such a euphoric atmosphere in the concession lines that wasn't alcohol induced. This game scared the bejeezus out of me and every other fan I know but man, this was a demolition of biblical proportions. I never, ever, in my wildest dreams thought we could humiliate as fine a program as OU that quickly and that easily. Complete and utter domination on both sides of the ball. God, it was beautiful :D!

The OU fans should be ashamed of themselves for bailing out on their team at halftime like that. Hey, I don't care if you're winning or losing, a true fan supports their team throughout. It was pathetic they way half of ProPlayer was emptied out. How do you think the players feel when they look up their for energy and enthusiasm only to see empty seats? While I'll admit some people were driven away screaming because of Ashlee Simpson's performance (the boo'ing was just so righteous! :D) most OU fans have dropped quite a few notches on my respect meter.

And by the way, you can't have Chow. Neither can anyone else for that matter so stay the hell away!

Justlisten2
01-07-2005, 06:54 AM
Thanks Justlisten.

What a game! Of all the bowl games I've followed my Trojans to, I've never experienced such a euphoric atmosphere in the concession lines that wasn't alcohol induced. This game scared the bejeezus out of me and every other fan I know but man, this was a demolition of biblical proportions. I never, ever, in my wildest dreams thought we could humiliate as fine a program as OU that quickly and that easily. Complete and utter domination on both sides of the ball. God, it was beautiful :D!

The OU fans should be ashamed of themselves for bailing out on their team at halftime like that. Hey, I don't care if you're winning or losing, a true fan supports their team throughout. It was pathetic they way half of ProPlayer was emptied out. How do you think the players feel when they look up their for energy and enthusiasm only to see empty seats? While I'll admit some people were driven away screaming because of Ashlee Simpson's performance (the boo'ing was just so righteous! :D) most OU fans have dropped quite a few notches on my respect meter.

And by the way, you can't have Chow. Neither can anyone else for that matter so stay the hell away!

It's fun watching a game like that if you have a rooting interest and are on the winning side. However, it's not much fun to watch if you just want to watch a good game. I read the TV ratings were the second worst out of the 7 BCS championship games so far. I know I stopped watching at halftime. I'm not an OU fan, just a football fan. I agree that those with a rooting interest should stick it out, especially if you go to the game. The Eagles are my pro team, watching them crush the Packers was great fun, however, I did watch the whole game (on TV) when the Steelers kicked their a$$.

I am stunned that Chow hasn't received any head coaching offers. The USC future's so bright you'd better wear shades topspeed! ;)