OT - Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OT - Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!!

ForeverAutumn
12-06-2004, 08:17 AM
It looks like we've had about four inches of snow fall since last night and it's still coming down (it has slowed, however). It supposed to warm up and turn to rain this afternoon which means a slippery, slushy drive home for many. Luckily, I'm able to work from home today and avoid the traffic nightmares.

What's your weather like today? Let me live vicarious warmth through some of you. Tell me about the balmy 75 degrees where you are. :cool:

And let's keep this music related....what are you listening to right now?

I'm listening to Finchy's Suddenly, Everythings Ruined. Possibly his best comp ever! More specifically, the track playing is Allison Moorer's, I Ain't Giving Up On You. There's a lot of stuff that I like on this comp. The jury is still out on this specific track. It's a great song, but I'm not sold on her voice.

Troy
12-06-2004, 08:30 AM

Traffic is very slow coming over the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Davey
12-06-2004, 08:31 AM
http://www.intellicast.com/images/icons/87_wtext.jpg

Monday:
Increasing clouds with showers arriving this afternoon. High 56F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Monday night:
Rain and wind. Low 49F. Winds SSE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall possibly over one inch.

I see a little bit of sunshine right now, though. Been playing a Bob Marley collection this morning. One I did for myself...cover is here (http://members.mailaka.net/davey/marley.jpg) :)

Stone
12-06-2004, 08:46 AM
What's your weather like today? Let me live vicarious warmth through some of you. Tell me about the balmy 75 degrees where you are. :cool:

I'm not one to live through vicariously. It's snowing here too (in lovely western Michigan). Or maybe it's warmed up enough now that it's changed to rain.... not sure. Crappy day either way.

Right now I'm listening to the whirrrr of my computer and the coughing of a woman outside my office.

Swish
12-06-2004, 04:52 PM
Drizzle, cloudy, damp...just one beautiful friggin' day all around. We expect more of the same tomorrow, then I head for Cleveland on Wednesday and Thursday, and I'm sure it will be just balmy. I have a one-week trip to Floriday in January and I can barely wait. Oh, did I mention that I hate winter?

Swish

P.S. I almost forgot to mention music. I had my "Fresh Brew" comp playing in my car a few minutes ago, and some Pinback before that. Nice. Very nice.

Finch Platte
12-06-2004, 05:52 PM

I'm listening to Finchy's Suddenly, Everythings Ruined. Possibly his best comp ever! More specifically, the track playing is Allison Moorer's, I Ain't Giving Up On You. There's a lot of stuff that I like on this comp. The jury is still out on this specific track. It's a great song, but I'm not sold on her voice.

I really like the song, too. So much, I bought 2 of her discs (one live w/ a live DVD), got 'em home and was WAY underwhelmed. Boring Band Syndrome is the culprit, I believe, but it could be her voice, too, I suppose.

Too bad. She sure showed promise. :(

Glad you like the comp- it's one of my faves, too. Prolly cuz it doesn't take a lot of paying attention, if you don't feel like it. :D

fp

Oh, yeah- picked up 2 DVDs today, Yellowcard (punk w/ a violin) and the new Primus Hallucino-Genetics. From the tour earlier this year where they played Frizzle Fry in its entirety.

ForeverAutumn
12-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Oh, yeah- picked up 2 DVDs today, Yellowcard (punk w/ a violin) and the new Primus Hallucino-Genetics. From the tour earlier this year where they played Frizzle Fry in its entirety.

I've heard a little bit of Yellowcard that I've liked. I need to check them out further.

Have you ever heard Billy Talent? A local punk band that's got a huge following in Canada. They've got some really good songs. I haven't bought their disk because they do a lot of screeching vocals that I just can't stand. Too bad, cause the stuff that I like...I really, really like. Anyway, I think that you might like them. So, if you haven't heard them, check 'em out. Can't send you samples, since I don't plan on buying the disk. Sorry.

Finch Platte
12-06-2004, 07:41 PM
I've heard a little bit of Yellowcard that I've liked. I need to check them out further.

Have you ever heard Billy Talent? A local punk band that's got a huge following in Canada. They've got some really good songs. I haven't bought their disk because they do a lot of screeching vocals that I just can't stand. Too bad, cause the stuff that I like...I really, really like. Anyway, I think that you might like them. So, if you haven't heard them, check 'em out. Can't send you samples, since I don't plan on buying the disk. Sorry.

I got a 2-song sampler from Tower a while back. Songs: Try Honesty and Living In The Shadows. I agree- they're good until the screechy stuff. Try Honesty doesn't have much of those vocals, but LITS does. It's like bad, bad emo. And Billy Talent?? C'mon. Terrible name.

TH will be on my next comp. Another one of those bad comps. :D I'll let you check out Yellowcard, too.

fp