Anyone know what's supposed to be the "hot" winter movie? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what's supposed to be the "hot" winter movie?

Worf101
12-06-2004, 07:37 AM
W'ere now officially in the Pre Oscar crunch where studio's try to get their serious films out for the holidays and reviewed prior to the Oscars. Any idea what's supposed to be the "hot" filcks for the fall?

Da Worfster :D

Kam
12-06-2004, 12:47 PM
hey worfster, here's the insider buzz from my sources, who wish to remain anonymous, so, take it with a grain of salt, BUT... from the way they sound, these are some serious contenders for the big oscar categories....

Showgirls 2 - Elizabeth Berkley returns to her controversial role to once again try and dare audiences with her daring acting to bring about some early daringly scary oscar buzz.

Godzilla 2 - that last egg we so ominously saw hatches into what could be the greatest cgi performance this side of 3D jaws. oscar voters are alreading drooling in anticipation to give an oscar away to a non-human actor and show how generous they are with their art.

BloodSport 5 - VanDamme makes his triumphant return to the big screen of a hiatus that could not have lasted a moment longer. berkley's most serious contender for best female performance.

Gigli 1.5 - a re-release with 58 minutes of never before seen footage that truly alters perception concerning this already loved movie. critics are forced to eat their reviews wih this extended version and both affleck and lopez should recieve writing nods since all the additional footage were extra scenes written by the two.

Lord of the Rings - they're just gonna toss a few more oscars on 'em for the hell of it.

Oh and MAYBE, just maybe Sideways, Motorcylce Diaries, The Aviator, and Ray will get some consideration.

peace
k2

Worf101
12-07-2004, 07:41 AM
hey worfster, here's the insider buzz from my sources, who wish to remain anonymous, so, take it with a grain of salt, BUT... from the way they sound, these are some serious contenders for the big oscar categories....

Showgirls 2 - Elizabeth Berkley returns to her controversial role to once again try and dare audiences with her daring acting to bring about some early daringly scary oscar buzz.

Godzilla 2 - that last egg we so ominously saw hatches into what could be the greatest cgi performance this side of 3D jaws. oscar voters are alreading drooling in anticipation to give an oscar away to a non-human actor and show how generous they are with their art.

BloodSport 5 - VanDamme makes his triumphant return to the big screen of a hiatus that could not have lasted a moment longer. berkley's most serious contender for best female performance.

Gigli 1.5 - a re-release with 58 minutes of never before seen footage that truly alters perception concerning this already loved movie. critics are forced to eat their reviews wih this extended version and both affleck and lopez should recieve writing nods since all the additional footage were extra scenes written by the two.

Lord of the Rings - they're just gonna toss a few more oscars on 'em for the hell of it.

Oh and MAYBE, just maybe Sideways, Motorcylce Diaries, The Aviator, and Ray will get some consideration.

peace
k2

That was funny, after the 2.2 seconds it took for me to realize you're pulling my chain... AGAIN!!!! I don't know why you movie types have such a twisted sense of humor. But it was fun. I made me laugh... and has given me an idea of a new thread. Thanks!!!!

Da Worfster

eisforelectronic
12-08-2004, 01:53 AM
Oceans 12

dean_martin
12-08-2004, 07:03 PM
W'ere now officially in the Pre Oscar crunch where studio's try to get their serious films out for the holidays and reviewed prior to the Oscars. Any idea what's supposed to be the "hot" filcks for the fall?

and the one that will surely rack up the awards...Hey, hey, hey it's...

FAT ALBERT!!!!

Worf101
12-09-2004, 09:19 AM
and the one that will surely rack up the awards...Hey, hey, hey it's...

FAT ALBERT!!!!

was just plain WRONG!!!!!!

Funny but way wrong.... LOL