Weekend concert plans anyone? I'm going to see Lyle Lovett tonight! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Weekend concert plans anyone? I'm going to see Lyle Lovett tonight!

JDaniel
11-14-2003, 05:57 AM
Woohoo - I'm pumped. LL is one of favorite artists. His style and song-writing are so unique. The concert is in a small venue - a historic, 100 year old theater.

This may motivate me to do a LL comp, something that I've been planning to do for a while. I've got six albums spanning his career, so maybe I'll cook something up in the next week or so.

Anybody else seeing any shows this weekend?

JD

MasterCylinder
11-14-2003, 06:02 AM
I'm going to the Symphony Saturday night to see some works from Beethoven and Liszt.............should be great.

Troy
11-14-2003, 07:32 AM
No concert plans, but I did see Lovett a few years ago. Not a fan of his music at all (I was sorta dragged along by people with last minute extra tix) but I had a great time. Big, tight band. Lotsa dry humor and a toe in every genre of music. It was more of a revue than anything else.

I'm flying to snowy Los Angeles today to vist some friends for the weekend.

Rae
11-14-2003, 07:38 AM
I'm seeing the Shins tonight with the Aislers Set and Broadcast Oblivion. Tomorrow I might go see my friends' band open for James Chance.

Les
11-14-2003, 08:15 AM
No 'live' music for me this weekend. Caught Carl Palmer's Band last week, brilliant set featuring music from ELP and his own compositions. The band are a trio, Bass (Dave Marks - treeeemendous) and a guitarist called Shaun Baxter. Turned out to be their last ever gig as Baxter has had to retire from 'live' work due to tinnitus so I guess I witnessed a historic occassion :cool:

Next weekend I'm off down to see Paul Carrack and his band in Manchester, this weekend, a few beers and ..... maybe walk along a wintry beach or two ........

tentoze
11-14-2003, 08:19 AM
I'm seeing the Shins tonight with the Aislers Set and Broadcast Oblivion. Tomorrow I might go see my friends' band open for James Chance.
My son, Unklebob, caught the show at House of Blues (I think). Shins opened, and by his account, put up a fine up-beat set; the MM singer had a throat infection and still managed to pull off a good set as well, I'm told. I prolly shoulda gone, but no doubt I woulda been twice as old as anybody in the building.

:p

Dave_G
11-14-2003, 08:32 AM
No live concert plans, but I will be watching some concert deeveedees.

For example:

1) Nektar - live at Nearfest 2002

2) That new Pink Floyd Pompeii or whatever it is

3) Dream Theatre - the Metropolis dvd

4) Star One live - synth prog goes to outer space.

5) Kansas - D-V-D

Dave