Off-off topic...carpenters/woodworkers... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Off-off topic...carpenters/woodworkers...

Resident Loser
12-03-2004, 09:20 AM
...anyone have any experience/opinons re: compound, dual bevel, sliding miter saws?

Specifically, I considering a DeWalt 12incher(very pricey) which seems to have the largest capacity...a Craftsman Professional 12(currently on sale, about a hunnert'n' a half less)which has dual lasers to delineate the kerf or a Delta dual laser 10incher(which I like because the protractor markings are engraved/molded into the base and not just silkscreened)...

Questions are: any input on the need(or lack thereof) of the slide feature? Overkill? Worth the additional cost compred to a fixed chop-saw? Howzabout 10 vs. 12 inch in normal practice? Any real concerns with those markings? And what about those lasers, I know Norm and the boys all seem to have 'em?

Any input will be appreciated...

jimHJJ(...thanx...)

FLZapped
12-03-2004, 09:37 AM
...anyone have any experience/opinons re: compound, dual bevel, sliding miter saws?

Specifically, I considering a DeWalt 12incher(very pricey) which seems to have the largest capacity...a Craftsman Professional 12(currently on sale, about a hunnert'n' a half less)which has dual lasers to delineate the kerf or a Delta dual laser 10incher(which I like because the protractor markings are engraved/molded into the base and not just silkscreened)...

Questions are: any input on the need(or lack thereof) of the slide feature? Overkill? Worth the additional cost compred to a fixed chop-saw? Howzabout 10 vs. 12 inch in normal practice? Any real concerns with those markings? And what about those lasers, I know Norm and the boys all seem to have 'em?

Any input will be appreciated...

jimHJJ(...thanx...)

Have you gone here and asked?:

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/discuss.cgi

There are some very serious woodworkers there.

-Bruce