Wireless RF Headphones Questions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wireless RF Headphones Questions

bp360
12-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Hey y'all - I don't know much about hifi, but I figure you all might. I got a christmas wishlist stating the person wants a good set of wireless RF headphones to listen to TV and Home stereo and Computer - but here the catches...

Are there any that you can plug numerous headphones into - 2 is ok, maybe even 4?

Also if they have multiple headsets can they listen to different things?? (doubt it)

If the above is not currently available - would two independent headsets/receivers interfere with each other?

How does this work - if I bought two receivers for example and plugged one into the tv then one into the home stereo - could the two users tune in to either of these?

Now - last question - and I doubt its out there but maybe!? Are there any RF receivers that take multiple chanels? So he could plug in a TV, home stereo, and whatever else at once? Or I guess he could just plug it into his current receiver... hrm... then no separate channel listening tho ... I dunno... thats why I'm here - any help out there?

Thanks in advance for any input! --bp

hershon
12-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Take it from me, your better off getting an 16 -24 foot extension! My idiot upstairs neighbor apparently hears my TV from my bedroom even if its not loud and so I have to watch it with headphones after 10PM. Originally I got a decent pair of wireless ones but that sound quality wasn't half as good as regular headphones. So for about $6.99 more ofr so I got a large extension chord from Radio Shack & am listening to TV from my regular headphones again. The downside is I'm paranoid I'm going to fall asleep and have the chord strangle me to death. I've fallen asleep twice while watch TV & so far this has happened.

Hey y'all - I don't know much about hifi, but I figure you all might. I got a christmas wishlist stating the person wants a good set of wireless RF headphones to listen to TV and Home stereo and Computer - but here the catches...

Are there any that you can plug numerous headphones into - 2 is ok, maybe even 4?

Also if they have multiple headsets can they listen to different things?? (doubt it)

If the above is not currently available - would two independent headsets/receivers interfere with each other?

How does this work - if I bought two receivers for example and plugged one into the tv then one into the home stereo - could the two users tune in to either of these?

Now - last question - and I doubt its out there but maybe!? Are there any RF receivers that take multiple chanels? So he could plug in a TV, home stereo, and whatever else at once? Or I guess he could just plug it into his current receiver... hrm... then no separate channel listening tho ... I dunno... thats why I'm here - any help out there?

Thanks in advance for any input! --bp